Norwich’s Lord Mayor guest edits tomorrow’s special edition of the Evening News
- Credit: Archant
The Evening News has a very special guest editor for tomorrow's paper - the Lord Mayor of Norwich, Judith Lubbock.
As part of this year's Lord Mayor's Celebration, the Evening News is publishing a special preview edition featuring details of all the festivities happening in Norwich this weekend.
And today Mrs Lubbock is at the paper's head office, Prospect House, to oversee the planning of the Evening News Lord Mayor's edition.
Mrs Lubbock said she was really enjoying taking on the role of guest editor, and revealed that she had previously worked at Prospect House for Eastern Counties Newspapers 40 years ago.
'I did a year as a dial ad girl. We were selling advertising,' she said.
'It was in 1974 for a year - 40 years ago and with no experience in between, and now here I am as guest editor!'
She added: 'It's fascinating because you get an insight into the amount of news that has to be incorporated and shared between the websites and the two papers, the Evening News and the Eastern Daily Press, and how the news is made relevant to the readers.
- 1 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 2 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 3 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 4 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 5 Huge chalet bungalow for sale near Norwich offers 'oasis' for £700k
- 6 Dodgy door halts city man's house move by MONTHS
- 7 New courts, please! Tennis controversy continues in Norwich
- 8 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 9 Holidaymakers' fury after two-day flight delay
- 10 Homeless man arrested in city centre to appear at court
'The ability to have a bit of influence for the day has been fascinating.'
Tomorrow's paper will feature 14 pages of everything you need to know about this weekend's Lord Mayor's Celebration events.
Among other things, it will include a map of the Lord Mayor's Procession route and details of some of the floats, a round-up of all the events taking place across the city, and a nostalgic look-back at parades over the years.
And throughout the weekend the Evening News website - www.eveningnews24.co.uk - will be packed with all the latest Lord Mayor's Procession news and pictures.
Monday's paper will also include pages and pages of the best pictures and reports from the weekend in a special souvenir Lord Mayor's Celebration 2014 edition.