Norwich’s Lord Mayor guest edits tomorrow’s special edition of the Evening News
- Credit: Archant
The Evening News has a very special guest editor for tomorrow's paper - the Lord Mayor of Norwich, Judith Lubbock.
As part of this year's Lord Mayor's Celebration, the Evening News is publishing a special preview edition featuring details of all the festivities happening in Norwich this weekend.
And today Mrs Lubbock is at the paper's head office, Prospect House, to oversee the planning of the Evening News Lord Mayor's edition.
Mrs Lubbock said she was really enjoying taking on the role of guest editor, and revealed that she had previously worked at Prospect House for Eastern Counties Newspapers 40 years ago.
'I did a year as a dial ad girl. We were selling advertising,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
'It was in 1974 for a year - 40 years ago and with no experience in between, and now here I am as guest editor!'
She added: 'It's fascinating because you get an insight into the amount of news that has to be incorporated and shared between the websites and the two papers, the Evening News and the Eastern Daily Press, and how the news is made relevant to the readers.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 5 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 6 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 7 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Six new cafes and shops coming to Norwich
- 10 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
'The ability to have a bit of influence for the day has been fascinating.'
Tomorrow's paper will feature 14 pages of everything you need to know about this weekend's Lord Mayor's Celebration events.
Among other things, it will include a map of the Lord Mayor's Procession route and details of some of the floats, a round-up of all the events taking place across the city, and a nostalgic look-back at parades over the years.
And throughout the weekend the Evening News website - www.eveningnews24.co.uk - will be packed with all the latest Lord Mayor's Procession news and pictures.
Monday's paper will also include pages and pages of the best pictures and reports from the weekend in a special souvenir Lord Mayor's Celebration 2014 edition.