Norwich’s events lead by example
Norwich is leading the country by example with a busy events calendar that draws thousands to our city each year.
Major events include:
Norwich Fashion Week, supported by the Evening News, which unites both independent retail and national brands
The Norfolk and Norwich Festival is one of the biggest arts events in the UK.
The Lord's Mayor Celebration weekend, the city's biggest party.
Nick Bond from VisitNorwich said the tourism industry was focusing on families in Britain looking to stay in the country for their holidays.
He said: 'Visitors can come to enjoy the best arts festival in England, meander the Lanes and discover perfect vintage, lovely bistros and smart bars and immerse themselves in history; whatever they do they'll love the shopping.'
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 3 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 4 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 5 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 6 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 7 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 8 Revealed: All the places you can fly to from Norwich Airport this year
- 9 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 10 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
Norwich North MP Chloe Smith said: 'Norwich is simply a fantastic city and one of the reasons that is so is because of the vibrancy of its calendar. There is an awful lot going on.'