Norwich’s events lead by example
Norwich is leading the country by example with a busy events calendar that draws thousands to our city each year.
Major events include:
Norwich Fashion Week, supported by the Evening News, which unites both independent retail and national brands
The Norfolk and Norwich Festival is one of the biggest arts events in the UK.
The Lord's Mayor Celebration weekend, the city's biggest party.
Nick Bond from VisitNorwich said the tourism industry was focusing on families in Britain looking to stay in the country for their holidays.
He said: 'Visitors can come to enjoy the best arts festival in England, meander the Lanes and discover perfect vintage, lovely bistros and smart bars and immerse themselves in history; whatever they do they'll love the shopping.'
- 1 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 2 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 3 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 4 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 5 Mystery over how grotty sofa ended up on garage roof
- 6 Hidden city garden opening with live music and plant sale
- 7 Glimpses of Norwich week 25: a picture a day from a week in our fine city
- 8 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 9 Norfolk cheese restaurant is launching bottomless brunch this summer
- 10 Can you spot yourself in these photos of Norwich Lanes Summer Fayre 2022?
Norwich North MP Chloe Smith said: 'Norwich is simply a fantastic city and one of the reasons that is so is because of the vibrancy of its calendar. There is an awful lot going on.'