Norwich’s Carrow Road bridge to close for repairs after holes are found
- Credit: Google Streetview
Carrow Road lifting bridge is to close briefly after holes in need of urgent repair were identified during an inspection.
The holes were found in the timber decking, and the road will need to be closed to traffic because the repair materials require time to cure.
The road closure will begin at 4pm on Sunday, November 12, and the bridge is scheduled to reopen at 5am on Monday, November 13.
Pedestrians will still be able to cross the bridge throughout the period and there will be a diversion in place for vehicles.
The planned repairs depend on favourable weather, as the materials can only be used in dry conditions.
You may also want to watch:
If it is wet on November 12, the repairs will take place at the same time the following Sunday, or failing that, 5pm on Sunday, November 26.
It is estimated the repairs will cost Norfolk County Council approximately £7,500.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 3 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 4 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
- 5 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 6 IKEA: What went wrong?
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 8 Police cordon remains in place after serious sex assault in Norwich
- 9 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy