England fans rename Norwich lane in honour of Gareth Southgate
- Credit: Archant
England fans across the country have been singing that he is 'the one' and now a Norwich lane has been renamed in honour of Gareth Southgate.
Southgate Lane, in the Bracondale area of the city, has been dubbed 'Gareth Southgate Lane' by Three Lions fans who have added the first name of the England manager to the road sign.
England flags have also been draped around it.
It comes as World Cup fever grips the city and the rest of the county following England's victory over Sweden which put the team in the semi-finals of the World Cup for the first time since 1990.
There were wild scenes at places from Cromer Pier to Thetford's Riverside and virtually every Norwich city centre pub was full with queues outside.
You may also want to watch:
All eyes will now be on Moscow on Wednesday evening as England aim to reach the World Cup final.
Come on England!
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 3 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 4 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus