England fans rename Norwich lane in honour of Gareth Southgate
- Credit: Archant
England fans across the country have been singing that he is 'the one' and now a Norwich lane has been renamed in honour of Gareth Southgate.
Southgate Lane, in the Bracondale area of the city, has been dubbed 'Gareth Southgate Lane' by Three Lions fans who have added the first name of the England manager to the road sign.
England flags have also been draped around it.
It comes as World Cup fever grips the city and the rest of the county following England's victory over Sweden which put the team in the semi-finals of the World Cup for the first time since 1990.
There were wild scenes at places from Cromer Pier to Thetford's Riverside and virtually every Norwich city centre pub was full with queues outside.
You may also want to watch:
All eyes will now be on Moscow on Wednesday evening as England aim to reach the World Cup final.
Come on England!
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich