Norwich road closed for two days for resurfacing works
- Credit: Google
A section of Silver Road in Norwich will be closed for two days to allow for council resurfacing work.
Silver Road will be closed from a point 40m south of Mousehold Avenue junction to just south of St Olaves junction from 7am on Thursday, April 8 for two days.
The closure will also extend to the junctions of Mousehold Avenue, Beaconsfield Road and Knowsley Road - approximately 40m from the Silver Road give way lines.
Parking will be prohibited on the sections of the road where the work is taking place, but access to businesses and homes will be maintained at all times.
Due to the nature of the works Norfolk County Council is warning that some disruption is inevitable, however special signs will indicate that businesses are open as usual and a fully-signed diversion route will be in place during the works.
You may also want to watch:
The council says it is carrying out work during the Easter Holidays to minimise some of this disruption.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 3 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 4 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 5 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 6 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 7 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 8 'It's very very noisy' - broken manhole cover keeps couple awake at night
- 9 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 10 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home