All the Indian takeaways in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- Credit: Submitted
In a world of takeaway horror stories, it's nice to know where you can trust. Here are all the Indian restaurants and takeaways in Norwich with food hygiene ratings of five.
Where: 9-11 Magdalen St, Norwich NR3 1LE
When: 5-11pm every day except Monday
Last Rated: August 4, 2020
You may also want to watch:
This restaurant got 10 in their inspection, indicating safe food handling practices. Ali Tandoori serves regional specialities like Shatkora and Makhani, as well as more popular favourites like Tikka Massala.
- 1 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 2 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 3 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 4 Windows left with cracks after mystery bang heard in Norwich
- 5 WATCH: Moment schoolgirl drenched by driver - but is it a crime?
- 6 Public consultation launched over proposed 1,600 home development
- 7 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 8 Terror for tenants as yobs smash their way into flats
- 9 Tributes to Norwich mum who died from breast cancer aged 47
- 10 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
Where: 25 London St, Norwich NR2 1JE
When: Monday to Thursday 5-9.30pm, Friday 5-10pm, Saturday 12-10pm, Sunday 12-9pm
Last Rated: December 19, 2018
The all-you-can-eat chain scored only 15 in the report, indicating high compliance with legal requirements. The restaurant serves, amongst many international foods, South-East dishes in small batches, like pakora and saag aloo.
The Merchants of Spice
Where: 30-32 Colegate, Norwich NR3 1BG
When: 5-10.30pm every day except Sunday
Last Rated: January 18, 2018
This restaurant also scored 15 in their inspection, meaning any contraventions of rules are minor. This 'fine-dining' establishment promises first-class service, serving authentic Indian food with locally sourced ingredients.
Where: 131-139 Queens Rd, Norwich NR1 3PN
When: 5-10pm every day, as well as 12-3pm Saturday and Sunday
Last Rated: March 14, 2018
This restaurant got a score of 15, as well as being accessible by wheelchairs and having an accessible toilet. Namaste Village offers what the team calls 'karma-free food', vegetarian and vegan dishes from different regions of India.
Where: 84 Waterloo Rd, Norwich NR3 1EW
When: 5pm-12am Monday to Saturday, 5-11.30pm Sunday
Last Rated: March 18, 2020
The takeaway scored only 5 on their report, the lowest score on this list. Their standards were described as "excellent" by the inspector. The extensive menu covers everything from saag dishes to Zeeshan specials.
Where: 319 Aylsham Rd, Upper Hellesdon, Norwich NR3 2AB
When: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday 5-10pm, Thursday to Saturday 5-10.45pm, closed Tuesday
Last Rated: December 5, 2018
This takeaway scored 15, with high food hygiene standards and good compliance. The Indian and Bangladeshi takeaway also has a vast menu, with popular favourites as well as more unknown regional dishes.