The full list of Norwich pubs in CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide 2021
- Credit: Archant
The Good Beer Guide 2021 has now been released by CAMRA (The Campaign for Real Ale), with 28 pubs in Norwich included this year.
The entries from across the UK have been compiled by thousands of volunteers and the book is regarded as the definitive guide of where to get the perfect pint.
There are two new Norwich entries in this year’s 48th edition, which are The Artichoke in Magdalen Road and The Coachmakers Arms in St Stephens Road.
Craig Maskell, manager of The Artichoke which opened under new ownership in December 2018, said: “We’re not even two years old yet, so getting in the guide is a great coup for us.
“We are very happy about it and myself and the owner Kevin Tweedy have built The Artichoke into something extremely popular and we are incredibly proud of the beer we put out.”
The other 26 pubs in the list have featured in previous years, including The Rose Inn in Queens Road.
You may also want to watch:
Dawn Hopkins, landlady of The Rose Inn, said: “It is a really good feeling to be included as it has obviously been a tough year for all publicans, so it is nice to have some good news.
“We try really hard to make sure our real ales are in good condition and are from the most innovative and creative breweries we can find.”
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 6 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 7 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
There are four branches of CAMRA in Norfolk, which are Norwich and District, West Norfolk, East Norfolk and Mid Anglia, which covers a chunk of South Norfolk.
You can buy CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide 2021 at shop.camra.org.uk, which features information on every pub.
All the Norwich pubs in this year’s guide, listed in alphabetical order...
Coach & Horses (Thorpe Road)
Coach & Horses (Bethel Street)
Duke of Wellington
Fat Cat & Canary
Fat Cat Brewery Tap
Ribs of Beef
St Andrews Brewhouse
Wig & Pen