Norwich pub's St Patrick's day boost
David BaleA new tenant at a popular pub in south Norwich hopes trade on St Patrick's Day will give his pub a welcome boost.David Bale
A new tenant at a popular pub in south Norwich hopes trade on St Patrick's Day will give his pub a welcome boost.
Eric Southworth is the new tenant at the Maid Marian in Ipswich Road, where his son Andy Southworth and wife Lynne are the landlords.
Mr Southworth said: 'Andrew and Lynne are going to be holding a special evening tomorrow with Guinness on promotion and lots of giveaways.'
As reported in the Evening News, the pub closed on January 30 when it went into liquidation under the previous leaseholders, but it reopened last month.
You may also want to watch:
The Evening News has been urging people to support their local pub as part of its Love Your Local campaign.
t For more stories from the Love Your Local campaign log on to www.eveningnews24.co.uk/ loveyourlocal.
- 1 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 2 Neighbours celebrate Norfolk Day bar win with street party
- 3 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 4 Bars and clubs see busy night as police up patrols
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 7 'Freedom Day' Hindu wedding in Norwich watched by 5m plus people
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 10 Shoe shop founded in 1857 closes down