Norwich pub's St Patrick's day boost
David BaleA new tenant at a popular pub in south Norwich hopes trade on St Patrick's Day will give his pub a welcome boost.David Bale
A new tenant at a popular pub in south Norwich hopes trade on St Patrick's Day will give his pub a welcome boost.
Eric Southworth is the new tenant at the Maid Marian in Ipswich Road, where his son Andy Southworth and wife Lynne are the landlords.
Mr Southworth said: 'Andrew and Lynne are going to be holding a special evening tomorrow with Guinness on promotion and lots of giveaways.'
As reported in the Evening News, the pub closed on January 30 when it went into liquidation under the previous leaseholders, but it reopened last month.
You may also want to watch:
The Evening News has been urging people to support their local pub as part of its Love Your Local campaign.
t For more stories from the Love Your Local campaign log on to www.eveningnews24.co.uk/ loveyourlocal.
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 9 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 10 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys