Norwich pub's St Patrick's day boost
David BaleA new tenant at a popular pub in south Norwich hopes trade on St Patrick's Day will give his pub a welcome boost.David Bale
A new tenant at a popular pub in south Norwich hopes trade on St Patrick's Day will give his pub a welcome boost.
Eric Southworth is the new tenant at the Maid Marian in Ipswich Road, where his son Andy Southworth and wife Lynne are the landlords.
Mr Southworth said: 'Andrew and Lynne are going to be holding a special evening tomorrow with Guinness on promotion and lots of giveaways.'
As reported in the Evening News, the pub closed on January 30 when it went into liquidation under the previous leaseholders, but it reopened last month.
The Evening News has been urging people to support their local pub as part of its Love Your Local campaign.
t For more stories from the Love Your Local campaign log on to www.eveningnews24.co.uk/ loveyourlocal.
- 1 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 2 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 3 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 4 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 5 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 6 Two men charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 7 Huge 'magazine worthy' bungalow near Norwich is back up for sale for £1.1m
- 8 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 9 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 10 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle