Norwich pub's St Patrick's day boost
David BaleA new tenant at a popular pub in south Norwich hopes trade on St Patrick's Day will give his pub a welcome boost.David Bale
A new tenant at a popular pub in south Norwich hopes trade on St Patrick's Day will give his pub a welcome boost.
Eric Southworth is the new tenant at the Maid Marian in Ipswich Road, where his son Andy Southworth and wife Lynne are the landlords.
Mr Southworth said: 'Andrew and Lynne are going to be holding a special evening tomorrow with Guinness on promotion and lots of giveaways.'
As reported in the Evening News, the pub closed on January 30 when it went into liquidation under the previous leaseholders, but it reopened last month.
You may also want to watch:
The Evening News has been urging people to support their local pub as part of its Love Your Local campaign.
t For more stories from the Love Your Local campaign log on to www.eveningnews24.co.uk/ loveyourlocal.
- 1 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 4 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 5 Full list of Norwich Market stalls open or delivering during lockdown
- 6 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 7 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 8 Norwich man admits supplying drugs to small group of friends
- 9 Wine bar collapse costs council £70k after lease blunder
- 10 Met Office warns of snow at weekend