Norwich pub’s fundraising day to boost cancer mum
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
Big-hearted pubgoers helped raise money for a hospital which is treating a young mother-of-three who has been diagnosed with cancer.
The Berstrete Gates in Norwich, was packed today for the charity event, which featured a tombola, a show from the ABC Blues Brothers, charity collections and sponsored head shaves.
The money raised will go to the Castle Hill Hospital in Hull, where the ex-daughter-in-law of one of the pub's regulars is being treated.
Sarah Hobson, 26, who lives in Scunthorpe was diagnosed with cancer of the cervix last month and was told it was stage four, which means she has a 30pc chance of survival.
The mother-of-three is the ex-daughter in law of Samantha Loader, from Norwich, who organised the fun day at the Ber Street pub.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'They had a big fun day for her up in Lincolnshire which raised about £900 for the hospital, but I couldn't get up there for that, so I decided to put on one here.
'The pub is owned by my aunt Lynn, so she has been great at getting things sorted for me. It's been a good day and people have got into the spirit of it all.'
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 5 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 6 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 9 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors
- 10 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
Miss Hobson, who had an emergency hysterectomy in February and is now facing chemotherapy for the cancer, said she is remaining positive about her battle for her children – Joshua, eight, Jake, six and Alexis, two.
• Are you holding an event to raise money for charity? Call reporter Lucy Wright on 01603 772439 or email email@example.com