Norwich pub hosts music marathon in aid of life-saving East Anglian Air Ambulance
A north Norwich pub famed for its live bands and fundraising has combined both strengths as part of a music marathon to help keep the life-saving air ambulance flying.
The Brickmakers pub, in Sprowston Road, gave 10 local bands the chance to make a name for themselves during the 12-hour music spectacular which has raised more than �1,700 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA).
The charity, which operates two dedicated air ambulances across Norfolk Suffolk, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire, wants to improve its service by adding another two helicopters to the fleet.
It also wants to fly at night and purchase the very latest emergency equipment for crews, including two baby ventilators, which will cost about �10,000 for both – something Evening News readers are supporting through our Life Saver Appeal.
The music marathon, which ran from noon until midnight on June 4, included face painting, a giant inflatable slide and bouncy castles as well as a barbecue and tombola.
You may also want to watch:
Charley South, who organised the event along with Pam South and Emma Teasdale, said: 'Many people who came have themselves needed the help of the air ambulance, or know someone who owes their life to the services of the crew on board.
'We are all aware of how vital a service it is to, not just our community, but the whole region.
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 5 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 6 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
'Our customer base is gigantic, with nearly 600 people attending the event throughout the day.
'This year we raised �1,744.14, which we were very happy about.'
Jess Down, area fundraising manager for EAAA, added: 'The Brickmakers pub are brilliant supporters and have raised over �15,000 in the 10 years they've been running the event.'
To support the Evening News's Life Saver Appeal call the EAAA on 01603 489406 to help organise a fundraising event, visit the charity's website at www.eaaa.org.uk Alternatively send a cheque made payable to East Anglian Air Ambulance to Norwich Evening News Appeal, East Anglian Air Ambulance, Hanger E, Gambling Close, Norwich Airport, Norwich NR6 6EG.
The charity events held at the Brickmakers fit in with the Evening News's Love Your Local campaign which urges people to support their local pubs. To find out more log onto www.eveningnews24.co.uk