Norwich pub to serve G&T afternoon tea
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A Norwich craft beer pub is putting the 'T' into afternoon tea by serving a special G&T version.
The gin and tonic tea event is being held at The Rose on Queens Road and is described as 'the Mad Hatter's tea party with gin'.
Held on Saturday November 3rd, guests can expect tiny sandwiches and big slices of cake washed down with gin and mixers.
The pub is also hosting a 'Crafternoon Tea' this Saturday (October 20) which will feature artisan food including home made savoury pies and pastries, chutneys and pickles, local cheeses and breads - all served with a selection of craft beer.
'We first ran this event during Norwich Craft Beer Week and received fabulous feedback,' said landlady Dawn Hopkins. 'It's a great way to sample some of the brilliant craft beers we have available at The Rose plus tuck into some delicious locally made food. And there's no rush, take your time and enjoy your afternoon.'
You may also want to watch:
The Rose, which is in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide 2019, serves a large selection of gin and has seen the rise in it's popularity over the last year.
'Craft beer and gin have been hugely popular for us over the last 12 months,' Dawn added. 'We have increased both ranges significantly and now have seven dedicated craft beer lines plus over 20 bottles and cans available and a great selection of gins which is regularly updated.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 5 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
- 6 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 7 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 8 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 9 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 10 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
'With the pub industry struggling at the moment it's great to see some growth areas.'
• Places on both events need to be booked in advance and more information can be found on the pub's Facebook page - The Rose Inn Norwich - or by ringing Dawn at The Rose on 01603 623942.