Norwich pub to serve G&T afternoon tea
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A Norwich craft beer pub is putting the 'T' into afternoon tea by serving a special G&T version.
The gin and tonic tea event is being held at The Rose on Queens Road and is described as 'the Mad Hatter's tea party with gin'.
Held on Saturday November 3rd, guests can expect tiny sandwiches and big slices of cake washed down with gin and mixers.
The pub is also hosting a 'Crafternoon Tea' this Saturday (October 20) which will feature artisan food including home made savoury pies and pastries, chutneys and pickles, local cheeses and breads - all served with a selection of craft beer.
'We first ran this event during Norwich Craft Beer Week and received fabulous feedback,' said landlady Dawn Hopkins. 'It's a great way to sample some of the brilliant craft beers we have available at The Rose plus tuck into some delicious locally made food. And there's no rush, take your time and enjoy your afternoon.'
You may also want to watch:
The Rose, which is in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide 2019, serves a large selection of gin and has seen the rise in it's popularity over the last year.
'Craft beer and gin have been hugely popular for us over the last 12 months,' Dawn added. 'We have increased both ranges significantly and now have seven dedicated craft beer lines plus over 20 bottles and cans available and a great selection of gins which is regularly updated.
- 1 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 2 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 3 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 4 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 5 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 6 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 7 Norwich man in court over more than 84,000 indecent images
- 8 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 9 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 10 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
'With the pub industry struggling at the moment it's great to see some growth areas.'
• Places on both events need to be booked in advance and more information can be found on the pub's Facebook page - The Rose Inn Norwich - or by ringing Dawn at The Rose on 01603 623942.