Norwich prepares for Movember
The time of year when the moustache looks to be back in fashion arrives once more tomorrow.
Men around the world are preparing to take part in the increasingly-popular 'Movember' charity campaign, just as women are preparing to enjoy a month of not kissing their partners!
The charity campaign has proved enormously successful around the globe in recent years, as both a bit of fun and a way to raise funds and awareness for men's health charities.
Sports stars have helped publicise Movember in recent years with all manner of facial fuzz.
What Norwich City fan – or Ipswich Town fan for that matter – will forget the magnificent 1970s style thick moustache sported by City striker Grant Holt as he smashed a hat-trick during a famous 4-1 thrashing of The Tractor Boys at Carrow Road last November.
You may also want to watch:
The Australian rugby union team gave the campaign a huge boost when touring Great Britain in 2009 and it was in Australia that the campaign started in 2003, amongst just 30 friends.
Now Movember had grown globally and over �106m has been raised by millions of 'Mo' Bros' and supporting 'Mo Sistas'.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
In the UK the funds raised support prostate and testicular cancer, the number one and two male-specific cancers, with funds going towards The Prostate Cancer Charity and the Institute of Cancer Research.
The charity trend has proved popular in Norfolk as well and a local group called Movember Norwich raised �4,000 thanks to their moustaches last year.
This year they are hoping to do even better, as a spokesman for the group said: 'Movember is going to be bigger and better in Norfolk this year!
'As we raised over �4,000 last year I think it is fair to say we will raise a huge amount more this year.
'We really need your help to make this Movember one to remember. We are putting on a few events this year so please watch this space.'
Join the 400-strong Movember Norwich team by searching for 'Movember Norwich (Norfolk)' on Facebook, where there are also details of two events the group are holding.
The first is a 'Mo'tivation Night' at The Orchard Gardens pub in North Walsham on Saturday, November 12, and the other is a 'Dress to suit your mo' party at The Hog In Armour Pub, in Charing Cross, Norwich, on the evening of Friday, November 25.
For full details of how to raise money for Movember, go to http://uk.movember.com
Are you holding a Movember event or know someone with a particularly unusual Mo' tache? Call reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email firstname.lastname@example.org