Power cut hits almost 1,000 homes in Norwich
- Credit: UK Power Networks
A power cut has hit almost 1,000 homes and businesses in Norwich.
UK Power Networks said they were first made aware of the problem at 11.25am on Thursday.
The utility firms engineers are currently on site in the city to investigate the issue which his affecting 942 homes and businesses.
Some people living in the NR1 2 and NR1 3 areas may have no electricity, or may see it going on and off regularly until the problem is fixed.
The problem is isolated to properties to the south of the city centre.
You may also want to watch:
UK Power Networks hopes to resolve the issue by 2pm.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 5 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 8 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 9 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 10 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb