Power cut fix delayed due to tree branch stuck in overhead lines
- Credit: UK Power Networks
People living in some areas of Norwich woke up this morning with no power in their homes.
The problem started shortly before 6.30am, when a fault on a high voltage overhead electricity line caused 150 homes to lose power.
UK Power Networks said it had sent engineers to investigate and fix the problem, and they arrived on site at 7.47am.
The postcodes affected are NR1, NR1 1, NR10 4, NR13 3, NR13 4 and NR13 6, though not everyone living in these areas will be without electricity.
Areas hit include the Riverside area of Norwich, the Blofield and Acle area east of the city and Reepham to the north west.
UK Power Networks had hoped to restore supply to all affected homes and businesses by 9am, but this has now been pushed back by three and a half hours.
A statement from the utility firm said its engineers will "work as quickly as is safely possible to get your power back on".
- 1 TUI flight to Tenerife cancelled as it was on the tarmac
- 2 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 3 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 4 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 5 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 6 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 7 Traffic builds around Earlham Park as gates open for Let's Rock
- 8 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
- 9 Mystery over who needs to cut overgrown hedge amid safety fears
- 10 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
The message said: "Our engineers have been in contact with us to let us know that they need assistance to help remove a tree branch form our overhead network.
"To allow for more resources to arrive and give them time to do this safely, the estimated timeframe to restore your power is now between 11:30am and 12:30pm.
"We're sorry this is taking longer than expected, and we'll continue to keep you up to date, but if any change to this time comes in from our staff I'll let you know as soon as we hear."