Norwich police make fresh appeal to find missing mum
Peter WalshPolice have today made a renewed plea for information as to the whereabouts of a Polish woman more than a month after she abandoned her baby daughter just hours after her birth.Peter Walsh
Police have today made a renewed plea for information as to the whereabouts of a Polish woman more than a month after she abandoned her baby daughter just hours after her birth.
Agnieshka Marciniaki, 32, was last seen at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital at around 11.30am on Saturday, January 30.
Agnieshka, who had just given birth to baby Anya, informed medics that she would return to the hospital once she had had gathered some possessions, but has not been seen since.
Concern is growing for the welfare of Agnieshka and officers working on the case have made a fresh appeal for information.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector James Brown, who is leading the investigation, said: 'We remain very concerned regarding the welfare of Agnieshka and we are still trying to locate her.
'I am once again appealing to anyone who knows Agnieshka, or anyone who thinks they may have seen her, to contact us.
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 9 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 10 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
'I also appeal to Agnieshka herself to return and see her baby. I would stress that she is not in trouble and can return without fear that she will be arrested."
Police have released a photograph of Agineshka in the hope that it will enable someone to recognise her and might encourage people to come forward with some possible sightings.
Agnieshka is white with a round face and short dark hair and has a good grasp of English.
She arrived in the UK from Poland in the last week of January and it was believed she has connections with friends in the Lakenham and Tuckswood area of Norwich.
As previously reported, the baby is in the care of Norfolk County Council's children's services where she is in foster care and said to be doing well.
Lisa Christensen, Norfolk County Council's director for children's services, said: 'We have been working with the hospital and the police to ensure the safety and welfare of Agnieshka's baby. The baby is in good health and being well looked after.
"We would urge Agnieshka to make contact with the police as soon as possible, for the sake of both herself and her daughter.'
Anyone with any information into Agnieshka's whereabouts should call Inspector Brown on 0845 456 4567.
Do you need help to trace a missing person? Call reporter Peter Walsh on 01603 772436 or email email@example.com