Norwich poet supports Macmillan Cancer
A local poet is being published in an anthology featuring a host of famous names, including the current Poet Laureate, to raise money for cancer.
Wendy Webb, 53, from Taverham will have her poem Poppies by Bosch appear in the poetry anthology Soul Feathers, which has been put together to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Mrs Webb's work will be published alongside names such as Poet Laureate Carol Ann Duffy, music legends Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen and writer Maya Angelou, as well as many other well known names.
'I am just so delighted and I can't wait for it to be published,' she said. 'There's all sorts of names in this publication and I am just so honoured and impressed – it's the coolest thing ever. I don't think I can beat this one to share the cover with these people.'
Edited by Ronnie Goodyer, a former agent to the stars, the anthology has been compiled with the idea to appeal to all members of the public.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Webb said: 'There is no one that has not been affected by cancer. I have seen people around me have cancer and survive it. I also know people who haven't.'
The name Soul Feathers was inspired by Emily Dickinson's poem 'Hope' and more than 250 poets from all over the world will be featured in the book, which is due to be published on February 1.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 3 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 4 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 5 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
- 6 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 7 Man steals £250 guitar from charity shop
- 8 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 9 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 10 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
Macmillan Cancer Support aims to improve the lives of people living with cancer, as well as supporting family members, friends and carers.
If you have any questions about cancer you can contact Macmillan on 0808 808 00 00 or visit www.macmillan.org.uk.
For more information on Soul Feathers or to read selected poems visit www.indigodreams.co.uk.
Have you got a story for Local Life? Contact reporter Donna-Louise Bishop on 01603 772438 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.