Grab a pizza the action as Norwich Playhouse launches pop-up food nights
- Credit: Archant
Summer is about to get seriously tasty in the city as the Norwich Playhouse launches pop-up food nights.
From burgers to burritos, customers will be able to enjoy food from around the world from August Bank Holiday until late October.
The food will be available al fresco on the lower section of the Playhouse Bar terrace kicking off with The Wood Kitchen on Sunday August from 12pm to 8pm.
The business serves wood-smoked sourdough pizzas and will a choice of margherita, spicy pepperoni, peri-peri chicken or courgette and pesto toppings.
George Clarke, owner of The Wood Kitchen, said: 'We mainly do private parties but are looking to grow our street food presence in Norwich.
READ MORE: Macarons & More set to open second Norwich branch'We did our first pop-up five years ago and have been to pubs such as Eaton Cottage, The Rumsey Wells and the Garden House and are very excited to be involved in the pop-up nights.'
You may also want to watch:
This will be followed by Natural Born Grillers on August 31 and September 1 serving dirty burgers such as the Piggy Smalls with pork, garlic and chorizo patty and Will-i-lamb lamb, mint and chilli patty.
Next up will be Coral Bay Caribbean takeaway on September 7 and 8 and Chihuahua Burritos will be there on September 15.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 5 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 Virtual reality centre opens in Norwich with huge choice of games
- 8 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
Karen Reilly, Bar Manager at the Norwich Playhouse, said 'We're delighted to give people the opportunity to enjoy some delicious food alongside a drink and to be collaborating with such fantastic local businesses.'