Norwich playgroup 'satisfactory'
Steve DownesA playgroup that has operated from a Norwich church hall for 41 years has been given a satisfactory rating by inspectors.Steve Downes
A playgroup that has operated from a Norwich church hall for 41 years has been given a satisfactory rating by inspectors.
Ofsted dropped in on St Peter's Pre-School at St Peter's Methodist Church, Park Lane, Norwich, on January 12.
They said: 'The helpful leadership from the committee, alongside an enthusiastic, caring staff team, helps to ensure children are happy and confident.
'Children's learning and development are beginning to be appropriately supported, however planning of activities for each child and adult teaching skills are not yet consistently effective and there is not always the required level of qualified manager or staff team on duty throughout the opening hours of the pre-school.'
You may also want to watch:
The inspectors added that children were 'valued and respected', while the pre-school had made 'strong progress' in addressing recommendations from the last inspection to secure children's safety and welfare.
It is open each weekday from 8am to 6pm. A total of 94 children attend the facility, with no more than 38 at any one time.
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 7 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
- 10 Two men charged with aggravated burglary at used car lot
t For the full report, visit www.ofsted.gov.uk.