Norwich playgroup 'satisfactory'
Steve DownesA playgroup that has operated from a Norwich church hall for 41 years has been given a satisfactory rating by inspectors.Steve Downes
A playgroup that has operated from a Norwich church hall for 41 years has been given a satisfactory rating by inspectors.
Ofsted dropped in on St Peter's Pre-School at St Peter's Methodist Church, Park Lane, Norwich, on January 12.
They said: 'The helpful leadership from the committee, alongside an enthusiastic, caring staff team, helps to ensure children are happy and confident.
'Children's learning and development are beginning to be appropriately supported, however planning of activities for each child and adult teaching skills are not yet consistently effective and there is not always the required level of qualified manager or staff team on duty throughout the opening hours of the pre-school.'
You may also want to watch:
The inspectors added that children were 'valued and respected', while the pre-school had made 'strong progress' in addressing recommendations from the last inspection to secure children's safety and welfare.
It is open each weekday from 8am to 6pm. A total of 94 children attend the facility, with no more than 38 at any one time.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 4 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 5 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 6 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 7 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 8 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 9 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 10 Norwich man wanted by police
t For the full report, visit www.ofsted.gov.uk.