Norwich playgroup 'satisfactory'
Steve DownesA playgroup that has operated from a Norwich church hall for 41 years has been given a satisfactory rating by inspectors.Steve Downes
A playgroup that has operated from a Norwich church hall for 41 years has been given a satisfactory rating by inspectors.
Ofsted dropped in on St Peter's Pre-School at St Peter's Methodist Church, Park Lane, Norwich, on January 12.
They said: 'The helpful leadership from the committee, alongside an enthusiastic, caring staff team, helps to ensure children are happy and confident.
'Children's learning and development are beginning to be appropriately supported, however planning of activities for each child and adult teaching skills are not yet consistently effective and there is not always the required level of qualified manager or staff team on duty throughout the opening hours of the pre-school.'
You may also want to watch:
The inspectors added that children were 'valued and respected', while the pre-school had made 'strong progress' in addressing recommendations from the last inspection to secure children's safety and welfare.
It is open each weekday from 8am to 6pm. A total of 94 children attend the facility, with no more than 38 at any one time.
- 1 Man charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 2 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 3 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 4 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 5 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 6 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 7 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 8 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 9 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 10 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
t For the full report, visit www.ofsted.gov.uk.