Norwich playgroup 'satisfactory'
Steve DownesA playgroup that has operated from a Norwich church hall for 41 years has been given a satisfactory rating by inspectors.Steve Downes
A playgroup that has operated from a Norwich church hall for 41 years has been given a satisfactory rating by inspectors.
Ofsted dropped in on St Peter's Pre-School at St Peter's Methodist Church, Park Lane, Norwich, on January 12.
They said: 'The helpful leadership from the committee, alongside an enthusiastic, caring staff team, helps to ensure children are happy and confident.
'Children's learning and development are beginning to be appropriately supported, however planning of activities for each child and adult teaching skills are not yet consistently effective and there is not always the required level of qualified manager or staff team on duty throughout the opening hours of the pre-school.'
You may also want to watch:
The inspectors added that children were 'valued and respected', while the pre-school had made 'strong progress' in addressing recommendations from the last inspection to secure children's safety and welfare.
It is open each weekday from 8am to 6pm. A total of 94 children attend the facility, with no more than 38 at any one time.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Bakery pushes back Norwich reopening date after daily taking dropped to £26
- 8 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 9 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 10 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
t For the full report, visit www.ofsted.gov.uk.