Norwich playgroup 'satisfactory'
Steve DownesA playgroup that has operated from a Norwich church hall for 41 years has been given a satisfactory rating by inspectors.Steve Downes
A playgroup that has operated from a Norwich church hall for 41 years has been given a satisfactory rating by inspectors.
Ofsted dropped in on St Peter's Pre-School at St Peter's Methodist Church, Park Lane, Norwich, on January 12.
They said: 'The helpful leadership from the committee, alongside an enthusiastic, caring staff team, helps to ensure children are happy and confident.
'Children's learning and development are beginning to be appropriately supported, however planning of activities for each child and adult teaching skills are not yet consistently effective and there is not always the required level of qualified manager or staff team on duty throughout the opening hours of the pre-school.'
The inspectors added that children were 'valued and respected', while the pre-school had made 'strong progress' in addressing recommendations from the last inspection to secure children's safety and welfare.
It is open each weekday from 8am to 6pm. A total of 94 children attend the facility, with no more than 38 at any one time.
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 Former city sex shop up for sale
- 3 Roads chaos continues with more work lined up at busy junction
- 4 'They want to suck your blood': Bed bugs invade city homes
- 5 Teenager suffers serious injuries in city crash
- 6 When will work start on new Aldi store?
- 7 Dispute with council over legal cannabis use following eviction from home
- 8 Meet the mystery city woman behind the Queen's post box topper
- 9 U-turn on city bike shop closure
- 10 Customised coat used by family of shoplifters in city spree
t For the full report, visit www.ofsted.gov.uk.