Norwich picnic to celebrate Facebook group for busy mums
Families braved the cold and rain on Saturday to celebrate the success of a Facebook group, which was started locally and now has nearly 27,000 members.
A picnic was organised in Waterloo Park by Jody Leggett, the Norwich woman behind the group Bargain Buys for Busy Mums, to thank those who had joined up since it started last November.
And people travelled from as far as Peterborough to join in with the picnic, face painting and even a sample a slice of celebratory cake.
Mother to eight month old Charlotte, Mrs Leggett started the group as a busy mum, who wanted to get the best price for baby items.
But she said it has now expanded, offering deals that are not exclusively for parents, such as jewellery and holidays.
You may also want to watch:
'When we got to 22,000 members, we wanted to celebrate by getting people together,' said Mrs Leggett.
'But we are up to nearly 27,000 now. The community spirit that we have got in the site is great - people really want to help each other. It restores your faith in human kindness.'
- 1 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 2 Landlord fined £6,100 for state of Norwich apartment block
- 3 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 4 Tables fill at restaurants and pubs as bar serves 450 on reopening day
- 5 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 6 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 7 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 8 Vulnerable 15-year-old brought to Norwich from London to deal drugs
- 9 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 10 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
About 60 deals are promoted by members each day and the site has a personal shopping team who search for requested items at the best prices they can find.
Laura Finlayson, who is one of the site's administrators, said: 'It saves you money so you can go and buy something else. I think especially at Christmas we helped so many people.'
To join the group visit www.facebook.com/groups/bargainbuysforbusymums