Norwich picnic to celebrate Facebook group for busy mums
Families braved the cold and rain on Saturday to celebrate the success of a Facebook group, which was started locally and now has nearly 27,000 members.
A picnic was organised in Waterloo Park by Jody Leggett, the Norwich woman behind the group Bargain Buys for Busy Mums, to thank those who had joined up since it started last November.
And people travelled from as far as Peterborough to join in with the picnic, face painting and even a sample a slice of celebratory cake.
Mother to eight month old Charlotte, Mrs Leggett started the group as a busy mum, who wanted to get the best price for baby items.
But she said it has now expanded, offering deals that are not exclusively for parents, such as jewellery and holidays.
You may also want to watch:
'When we got to 22,000 members, we wanted to celebrate by getting people together,' said Mrs Leggett.
'But we are up to nearly 27,000 now. The community spirit that we have got in the site is great - people really want to help each other. It restores your faith in human kindness.'
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 8 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 9 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 10 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
About 60 deals are promoted by members each day and the site has a personal shopping team who search for requested items at the best prices they can find.
Laura Finlayson, who is one of the site's administrators, said: 'It saves you money so you can go and buy something else. I think especially at Christmas we helped so many people.'
To join the group visit www.facebook.com/groups/bargainbuysforbusymums