Norwich photography competition launched
Sarah HallA photography contest has been launched in Norwich with the aim of capturing images connected to learning.Sarah Hall
A photography contest has been launched with the aim of capturing images connected to learning.
The Learning Shop, based in The Forum, has launched the contest to tie in with Adult Learners Week.
From snapping piles of books and eager readers to classroom activities, cookery and computers, organisers at the Learning Shop are looking for inspirational images to help get their message across.
The Learning Shop provides free impartial advice, guidance and information on learning and training opportunities for adults in and around Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
The University of East Anglia is a lead partner of the Learning Shop, alongside City College, Norfolk Adult Education, WEETU, Norfolk Guidance Service, Open University, Norwich University College of the Arts, Easton College and Norwich City Council.
UEA Learning Shop adviser Antonia Lamb said: 'People learn every day. Learning can come in all shapes and sizes. It might not be as obvious as going to an evening class or attending university, we can all learn through our everyday experiences.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 'A little bit of hope' - Care home manager look back on last 10 months
- 10 Road in Norwich to close for four weeks for £50,000 improvement scheme
'The idea of the competition is to take a photograph of something to do with learning. Ideas could be a pile of books, a computer, a parent reading to their child, a dance class, the library, or another place of learning.'
The closing date for entries is Monday May 10 and the best entries will be displayed in the Forum during Adult Learners Week, which runs from Saturday, May 15 until Friday, May 21.
The winner will receive �50 towards an adult education course.
To find out more call 01603 773666 or email email@example.com