Norwich photography competition launched
Sarah HallA photography contest has been launched in Norwich with the aim of capturing images connected to learning.Sarah Hall
A photography contest has been launched with the aim of capturing images connected to learning.
The Learning Shop, based in The Forum, has launched the contest to tie in with Adult Learners Week.
From snapping piles of books and eager readers to classroom activities, cookery and computers, organisers at the Learning Shop are looking for inspirational images to help get their message across.
The Learning Shop provides free impartial advice, guidance and information on learning and training opportunities for adults in and around Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
The University of East Anglia is a lead partner of the Learning Shop, alongside City College, Norfolk Adult Education, WEETU, Norfolk Guidance Service, Open University, Norwich University College of the Arts, Easton College and Norwich City Council.
UEA Learning Shop adviser Antonia Lamb said: 'People learn every day. Learning can come in all shapes and sizes. It might not be as obvious as going to an evening class or attending university, we can all learn through our everyday experiences.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 3 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 4 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 5 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 6 Man and woman found dead in home
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 9 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 10 Praise for city's welcoming spirit after 'phenomenal' Norwich Pride
'The idea of the competition is to take a photograph of something to do with learning. Ideas could be a pile of books, a computer, a parent reading to their child, a dance class, the library, or another place of learning.'
The closing date for entries is Monday May 10 and the best entries will be displayed in the Forum during Adult Learners Week, which runs from Saturday, May 15 until Friday, May 21.
The winner will receive �50 towards an adult education course.
To find out more call 01603 773666 or email email@example.com