Norwich photography competition launched
Sarah HallA photography contest has been launched in Norwich with the aim of capturing images connected to learning.Sarah Hall
A photography contest has been launched with the aim of capturing images connected to learning.
The Learning Shop, based in The Forum, has launched the contest to tie in with Adult Learners Week.
From snapping piles of books and eager readers to classroom activities, cookery and computers, organisers at the Learning Shop are looking for inspirational images to help get their message across.
The Learning Shop provides free impartial advice, guidance and information on learning and training opportunities for adults in and around Norfolk.
The University of East Anglia is a lead partner of the Learning Shop, alongside City College, Norfolk Adult Education, WEETU, Norfolk Guidance Service, Open University, Norwich University College of the Arts, Easton College and Norwich City Council.
UEA Learning Shop adviser Antonia Lamb said: 'People learn every day. Learning can come in all shapes and sizes. It might not be as obvious as going to an evening class or attending university, we can all learn through our everyday experiences.
- 1 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 2 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 3 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 4 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 5 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 6 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 7 'Not worth it!': Councillor wants new bus lane ditched
- 8 Car hits lamppost after two-car crash in Norwich
- 9 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 10 Has £10,000 prize crash landed in Norwich from space?
'The idea of the competition is to take a photograph of something to do with learning. Ideas could be a pile of books, a computer, a parent reading to their child, a dance class, the library, or another place of learning.'
The closing date for entries is Monday May 10 and the best entries will be displayed in the Forum during Adult Learners Week, which runs from Saturday, May 15 until Friday, May 21.
The winner will receive �50 towards an adult education course.
To find out more call 01603 773666 or email email@example.com