Norwich office’s gifts will spread joy for children helped by domestic violence charity
Staff at OpenContact, based on Roundtree Way, donated 18 Christmas gift boxes to Leeway Domestic Violence charity.
Managing director Fiona Temple said: 'I first got an email back in November from one of the team suggesting that instead of secret Santa we did something for charity.
'Then another agent suggested choosing Leeway.
'Another colleague's sister works for the charity, so we are all aware of the work they do. I thought it was a brilliant idea.'
The staff then set about buying items for children supported by the charity at Christmas to give them something special to open tomorrow morning, coordinated by contact centre agent Megan Blake.
You may also want to watch:
They also donated two more sacks of items including extra games, toiletries, bed linen and towels.
Mrs Temple, who lives in Sprowston, said: 'I have been overwhelmed with the effort everyone has gone to to make these boxes so special and well thought out.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 7 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
'The whole team got really behind it and came up with lots of ideas and were wrapping the boxes and decorating them between calls – it looked like Santa's workshop!
'It was really good for the team, but with a really important and beneficial message behind it.'
For more on Leeway Domestic Violence charity, call 0845 241 2171.
Is your office doing something special for charity? Email firstname.lastname@example.org