Norwich office’s gifts will spread joy for children helped by domestic violence charity
Staff at OpenContact, based on Roundtree Way, donated 18 Christmas gift boxes to Leeway Domestic Violence charity.
Managing director Fiona Temple said: 'I first got an email back in November from one of the team suggesting that instead of secret Santa we did something for charity.
'Then another agent suggested choosing Leeway.
'Another colleague's sister works for the charity, so we are all aware of the work they do. I thought it was a brilliant idea.'
The staff then set about buying items for children supported by the charity at Christmas to give them something special to open tomorrow morning, coordinated by contact centre agent Megan Blake.
They also donated two more sacks of items including extra games, toiletries, bed linen and towels.
Mrs Temple, who lives in Sprowston, said: 'I have been overwhelmed with the effort everyone has gone to to make these boxes so special and well thought out.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 3 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 6 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 7 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 8 Homes plan for former Start-Rite shoe factory site rejected
- 9 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
- 10 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
'The whole team got really behind it and came up with lots of ideas and were wrapping the boxes and decorating them between calls – it looked like Santa's workshop!
'It was really good for the team, but with a really important and beneficial message behind it.'
For more on Leeway Domestic Violence charity, call 0845 241 2171.
Is your office doing something special for charity? Email email@example.com