Norwich office’s gifts will spread joy for children helped by domestic violence charity
Staff at OpenContact, based on Roundtree Way, donated 18 Christmas gift boxes to Leeway Domestic Violence charity.
Managing director Fiona Temple said: 'I first got an email back in November from one of the team suggesting that instead of secret Santa we did something for charity.
'Then another agent suggested choosing Leeway.
'Another colleague's sister works for the charity, so we are all aware of the work they do. I thought it was a brilliant idea.'
The staff then set about buying items for children supported by the charity at Christmas to give them something special to open tomorrow morning, coordinated by contact centre agent Megan Blake.
You may also want to watch:
They also donated two more sacks of items including extra games, toiletries, bed linen and towels.
Mrs Temple, who lives in Sprowston, said: 'I have been overwhelmed with the effort everyone has gone to to make these boxes so special and well thought out.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 3 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 6 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 7 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 8 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
'The whole team got really behind it and came up with lots of ideas and were wrapping the boxes and decorating them between calls – it looked like Santa's workshop!
'It was really good for the team, but with a really important and beneficial message behind it.'
For more on Leeway Domestic Violence charity, call 0845 241 2171.
Is your office doing something special for charity? Email firstname.lastname@example.org