Norwich OAP banned fior drink-driving
A Norwich pensioner has been banned from the road for a year after police caught him over the drink-drive limit.
A pensioner has been banned from the road for a year after police caught him over the drink-drive limit.
Leonard Frempton, 67, from Taverham Road, Taverham, pleaded guilty to driving on Boundary Road, Norwich, while over the legal drink-drive limit on November 11.
His vehicle was followed into the Asda car park by police, who smelt alcohol on his breath and then breathalysed him. A later blood test at the police station showed he had 104mg of alcohol per 100mg of blood - 24mg over the legal limit.
Magistrates also fined him �150 and ordered him to pay �85 in costs.
- 1 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 2 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 3 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 4 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 5 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 6 Car hits lamppost after two-car crash in Norwich
- 7 'Not worth it!': Councillor wants new bus lane ditched
- 8 'A palace reborn': Inside the £13.5m revamp of Norwich Castle
- 9 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 10 Has £10,000 prize crash landed in Norwich from space?