Norwich OAP banned fior drink-driving
A Norwich pensioner has been banned from the road for a year after police caught him over the drink-drive limit.
A pensioner has been banned from the road for a year after police caught him over the drink-drive limit.
Leonard Frempton, 67, from Taverham Road, Taverham, pleaded guilty to driving on Boundary Road, Norwich, while over the legal drink-drive limit on November 11.
His vehicle was followed into the Asda car park by police, who smelt alcohol on his breath and then breathalysed him. A later blood test at the police station showed he had 104mg of alcohol per 100mg of blood - 24mg over the legal limit.
Magistrates also fined him �150 and ordered him to pay �85 in costs.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 3 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 4 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 5 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 6 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 7 Picture quiz: How much do you know about Norwich clocks?
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 10 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow