Norwich OAP banned fior drink-driving
A Norwich pensioner has been banned from the road for a year after police caught him over the drink-drive limit.
A pensioner has been banned from the road for a year after police caught him over the drink-drive limit.
Leonard Frempton, 67, from Taverham Road, Taverham, pleaded guilty to driving on Boundary Road, Norwich, while over the legal drink-drive limit on November 11.
His vehicle was followed into the Asda car park by police, who smelt alcohol on his breath and then breathalysed him. A later blood test at the police station showed he had 104mg of alcohol per 100mg of blood - 24mg over the legal limit.
Magistrates also fined him �150 and ordered him to pay �85 in costs.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 2 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 8 Four Norwich city green spaces among best in UK
- 9 Hundreds potentially put at risk as council homes safety inspections missed
- 10 Progress on plan for 4,000 homes near Norwich to be revealed