Norwich newspaper rescues Christmas panto
The Evening News has come to the rescue of this year's Christmas pantomime.
Norwich Theatre Royal's panto props team were in desperate need of a fluorescent newspaper delivery bag for the production of the Jack of the Beanstalk which opens tomorrow.
The paperboy bag was needed for a crucial scene featuring comic Andre Vincent, who plays Billy Trott.
John Bultitude, of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'After the panto team approached countless people without success, we thought we would go straight to the newspaper itself and they obliged with some brand-new bags to be featured in the show, so we would like to say a big thank you to them.
'It is good to know the good people of the panto town of Norwichvale are just as keen to get their Evening News as the rest of the region.'
You may also want to watch:
This year's show, sponsored by Jungle PR, stars Stephen Uppal, who plays Ravi in Hollyoaks, as Jack and Norfolk-based Joel Beckett, Jake Moon in EastEnders, as the dastardly Sir Despard.
Also returning to the panto for the tenth year is writer, director and popular Dame Richard Gauntlett.
- 1 Reaction to plans for new Norwich Block entertainment venue
- 2 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 3 New 170-place school likely to get go-ahead
- 4 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 5 Nut allergy fears spark battle for 'landmark' walnut tree
- 6 Tributes pour in for 'much loved lady' after body found
- 7 Costa Coffee to close Norwich high street cafe
- 8 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 9 Pupils demand cycle lane as NDR sends 1200 cars their way during rush hour
- 10 The moment drugs squad smashes down a suspected dealer's door
Jack and the Beanstalk will be at the Theatre Royal until Sunday, January 16. Tickets cost from �5 to �19. Under-threes free.
Looking for something to do? Check out the Evening News Goining out section in the paper every Friday and updated online all week at www.eveningnews24.co.uk/goingout.