Norwich newspaper rescues Christmas panto
The Evening News has come to the rescue of this year's Christmas pantomime.
Norwich Theatre Royal's panto props team were in desperate need of a fluorescent newspaper delivery bag for the production of the Jack of the Beanstalk which opens tomorrow.
The paperboy bag was needed for a crucial scene featuring comic Andre Vincent, who plays Billy Trott.
John Bultitude, of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'After the panto team approached countless people without success, we thought we would go straight to the newspaper itself and they obliged with some brand-new bags to be featured in the show, so we would like to say a big thank you to them.
'It is good to know the good people of the panto town of Norwichvale are just as keen to get their Evening News as the rest of the region.'
This year's show, sponsored by Jungle PR, stars Stephen Uppal, who plays Ravi in Hollyoaks, as Jack and Norfolk-based Joel Beckett, Jake Moon in EastEnders, as the dastardly Sir Despard.
Also returning to the panto for the tenth year is writer, director and popular Dame Richard Gauntlett.
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 £3.1m roadworks on new bus lane and crossings could last for ONE YEAR
- 3 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 4 High-flyer at school to heroin addict - City homeless man reveals his story
- 5 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 6 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 7 Seven-bed Edwardian home with heated swimming pool for sale
- 8 Busy road to partially close for line repainting at end of new bus lane
- 9 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 10 Cockapoo Café coming to Norwich next month
Jack and the Beanstalk will be at the Theatre Royal until Sunday, January 16. Tickets cost from �5 to �19. Under-threes free.
Looking for something to do? Check out the Evening News Goining out section in the paper every Friday and updated online all week at www.eveningnews24.co.uk/goingout.