Norwich newspaper rescues Christmas panto
The Evening News has come to the rescue of this year's Christmas pantomime.
Norwich Theatre Royal's panto props team were in desperate need of a fluorescent newspaper delivery bag for the production of the Jack of the Beanstalk which opens tomorrow.
The paperboy bag was needed for a crucial scene featuring comic Andre Vincent, who plays Billy Trott.
John Bultitude, of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'After the panto team approached countless people without success, we thought we would go straight to the newspaper itself and they obliged with some brand-new bags to be featured in the show, so we would like to say a big thank you to them.
'It is good to know the good people of the panto town of Norwichvale are just as keen to get their Evening News as the rest of the region.'
You may also want to watch:
This year's show, sponsored by Jungle PR, stars Stephen Uppal, who plays Ravi in Hollyoaks, as Jack and Norfolk-based Joel Beckett, Jake Moon in EastEnders, as the dastardly Sir Despard.
Also returning to the panto for the tenth year is writer, director and popular Dame Richard Gauntlett.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 7 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 8 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
Jack and the Beanstalk will be at the Theatre Royal until Sunday, January 16. Tickets cost from �5 to �19. Under-threes free.
Looking for something to do? Check out the Evening News Goining out section in the paper every Friday and updated online all week at www.eveningnews24.co.uk/goingout.