Norwich newsagent closed and covered in graffiti
Mystery surrounds the sudden closure of a city newsagent that has left elderly people with further to walk to do their shopping.
The shutters at Bishop Bridge Stores in Bishop Bridge Road, near the Ketts Hill roundabout, are closed and the building has been daubed in unsightly graffiti.
Neighbours said yesterday that they were in the dark about why the newsagent and off-licence had closed.
One neighbour, who did not wish to be named, said: 'It's a shame it's closed because a lot of elderly people used to shop there and now have to go up Ketts Hill or to Anglia Square.'
The newsagent hit the headlines earlier this month when a man was fined for racially abusing a woman shopkeeper at the stores.
David Frost, 32, appeared in court and admitted using racially aggravated threatening behaviour, when he entered the shop on September 1.
Frost made derogatory remarks and was asked to leave by the shopkeeper, but refused.
- 1 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 2 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 3 Mystery over how grotty sofa ended up on garage roof
- 4 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 5 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 6 Efforts step up to protect city park from development
- 7 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 8 Norfolk cheese restaurant is launching bottomless brunch this summer
- 9 Glimpses of Norwich week 25: a picture a day from a week in our fine city
- 10 Norfolk areas with the most and fewest Covid deaths in 2020 and 2021
Frost swore at the shopkeeper using racist language and then lifted his shirt to reveal a tattoo with the England flag on his stomach. He then started shouting 'Come on England' or words to that effect.
Frost, from Arnold Miller Close, in Lakenham, was fined �100 plus a �15 victim surcharge.
Do you know why the newsagent has closed? Contact the Evening News on 01603 772443 or email email@example.com.