Norwich newsagent closed and covered in graffiti
Mystery surrounds the sudden closure of a city newsagent that has left elderly people with further to walk to do their shopping.
The shutters at Bishop Bridge Stores in Bishop Bridge Road, near the Ketts Hill roundabout, are closed and the building has been daubed in unsightly graffiti.
Neighbours said yesterday that they were in the dark about why the newsagent and off-licence had closed.
One neighbour, who did not wish to be named, said: 'It's a shame it's closed because a lot of elderly people used to shop there and now have to go up Ketts Hill or to Anglia Square.'
The newsagent hit the headlines earlier this month when a man was fined for racially abusing a woman shopkeeper at the stores.
You may also want to watch:
David Frost, 32, appeared in court and admitted using racially aggravated threatening behaviour, when he entered the shop on September 1.
Frost made derogatory remarks and was asked to leave by the shopkeeper, but refused.
- 1 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 9 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 10 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development
Frost swore at the shopkeeper using racist language and then lifted his shirt to reveal a tattoo with the England flag on his stomach. He then started shouting 'Come on England' or words to that effect.
Frost, from Arnold Miller Close, in Lakenham, was fined �100 plus a �15 victim surcharge.
Do you know why the newsagent has closed? Contact the Evening News on 01603 772443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.