Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Norwich has been named the most romantic place to visit in the UK.
According to research by Foxy Bingo, the study ranked the 100 biggest towns and cities in the UK on the number of romantic hotels, restaurants and things to do per square kilometre.
And the Fine City came out on top with the best average ranking across all categories.
Norwich Cathedral was named as a particular highlight for lovebirds to enjoy.
The city was found to have 70 activities for couples - while also offering picturesque locations nearby such as the Broads National Park and Felbrigg Hall a short trip away.
Elsewhere in the country Oxford took second place with 11 romantic hotels and 72 activities, while Brighton came third.
London did initially top each of the categories, with 158 romantic hotels and more than 1,000 couple activities and romantic dining experiences.
- 1 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 2 U-turn on city bike shop closure
- 3 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 4 Fireworks, food stalls and music planned for jubilee party near Norwich
- 5 Which parts of Norwich could be underwater by 2030?
- 6 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 7 Dispute with council over legal cannabis use following eviction from home
- 8 First look inside five-acre bug zoo - and you can take a creepy crawly home
- 9 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 10 New images show progress of Sweet Briar Road repair
However, after the study accounted for size and combined the TripAdvisor data with information for the Office for National Statistics, London fell down the standings.