Norwich musician's epic motorbike ride for charity
Sam EmanuelA Norwich musician will soon be riding around the UK coast to raise money for a charity close to his heart.Pete Triumph, who has struggled with depression for most of his life, will ride his Triumph motorcycle and camp for a month to raise money for mental health charity Mind.Sam Emanuel
A Norwich musician will soon be riding around the UK coast to raise money for a charity close to his heart.
Pete Triumph, who has struggled with depression for most of his life, will ride his Triumph motorcycle and camp for a month to raise money for mental health charity Mind.
Anxiety disorder has forced him to stop working and he said: 'I am also undertaking this journey to challenge myself and hopefully rebuild some of my lost confidence and self-esteem. I'm hoping this will help me return to working again.'
The funds he raises will help Mind continue its vital work with the one in four people who experience mental distress at some point in their lives.
You may also want to watch:
They will go towards the confidential Mind info Line on 0845 766 0163, which provides advice and support for people in distress, who might otherwise have nowhere to turn.
There will be a fundraising event at the Golder Star pub, in Colegate, on Saturday, May 29 between noon and 6pm, with live music, a barbecue and a prize draw. The event is being sponsored by Greene King and local companies including Factotum Studio, Tubes Scaffolding and Caspian Pizza.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 4 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 5 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 8 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 9 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 10 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
If you would like to sponsor Mr Triumph, visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/petetriumph.
If you are appealing for sponsorship for charity, please call Sam Emanuel on 01603 772438.