Norwich musician's epic motorbike ride for charity
Sam EmanuelA Norwich musician will soon be riding around the UK coast to raise money for a charity close to his heart.Pete Triumph, who has struggled with depression for most of his life, will ride his Triumph motorcycle and camp for a month to raise money for mental health charity Mind.Sam Emanuel
A Norwich musician will soon be riding around the UK coast to raise money for a charity close to his heart.
Pete Triumph, who has struggled with depression for most of his life, will ride his Triumph motorcycle and camp for a month to raise money for mental health charity Mind.
Anxiety disorder has forced him to stop working and he said: 'I am also undertaking this journey to challenge myself and hopefully rebuild some of my lost confidence and self-esteem. I'm hoping this will help me return to working again.'
The funds he raises will help Mind continue its vital work with the one in four people who experience mental distress at some point in their lives.
They will go towards the confidential Mind info Line on 0845 766 0163, which provides advice and support for people in distress, who might otherwise have nowhere to turn.
There will be a fundraising event at the Golder Star pub, in Colegate, on Saturday, May 29 between noon and 6pm, with live music, a barbecue and a prize draw. The event is being sponsored by Greene King and local companies including Factotum Studio, Tubes Scaffolding and Caspian Pizza.
- 1 Military helicopters spotted flying over Norfolk
- 2 Are you the mystery Norwich builder Peter Crouch is searching for?
- 3 Chim chim, I do! Couple tie the knot in Mary Poppins-themed wedding
- 4 All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at Riverside closes
- 5 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 6 See inside 'stunning' flat overlooking Norwich Market
- 7 Much-loved dungaree brand to open one of only three UK stores in Norwich
- 8 A47 dualling gets government green light
- 9 Hidden 90-acre wildlife haven in city secured after £600k investment
- 10 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
If you would like to sponsor Mr Triumph, visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/petetriumph.
If you are appealing for sponsorship for charity, please call Sam Emanuel on 01603 772438.