Norwich musician reunites with Sex Pistols tribute band for one-off gig
A Norwich session musician is reuniting with a Sex Pistols tribute band for a one-off city gig.
David Donley will become punk guitarist Steve Jones with the Sex Pistols Experience for an event at the The Brickmakers, Sprowston Road, on Thursday March 3rd at 8pm
The 43-year old of Malborough Road, Norwich, left the band after completing a 32 date tour across America and playing a stadium of 20,000 people in the Czech Republic.
Since then, he has gone on to tour with Sex Pistols's star, Glen Matlock, Mick Jones from The Clash, Viv Albertine from the Slits and Midge Ure from Ultravox.
Mr Donley, who attended City of Norwich School, said: 'To get the chance to put those leather trousers back on is just going to be great. The Brickmakers is a great live venue and they love putting on good live bands. This is a special one-off gig for Norwich and if you are a fan of punk rock you will think its phenomenal.'
The multi-talented musician had his first taste of fame when he played with The Cure whilst still at school.
This year, he plans to complete a solo album with Stereophonics producer Jim Lowe and hopes rockers Glen Matlock and Viv Albertine will play on the record.
- 1 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 2 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 7 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 8 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 9 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 10 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
Mr Donley also gives talks to budding musicians at the Access to Music centre in Norwich.
For more information about the event contact The Brickmakers on www.thebrickmakers.com.