Norwich musician reunites with Sex Pistols tribute band for one-off gig
A Norwich session musician is reuniting with a Sex Pistols tribute band for a one-off city gig.
David Donley will become punk guitarist Steve Jones with the Sex Pistols Experience for an event at the The Brickmakers, Sprowston Road, on Thursday March 3rd at 8pm
The 43-year old of Malborough Road, Norwich, left the band after completing a 32 date tour across America and playing a stadium of 20,000 people in the Czech Republic.
Since then, he has gone on to tour with Sex Pistols's star, Glen Matlock, Mick Jones from The Clash, Viv Albertine from the Slits and Midge Ure from Ultravox.
Mr Donley, who attended City of Norwich School, said: 'To get the chance to put those leather trousers back on is just going to be great. The Brickmakers is a great live venue and they love putting on good live bands. This is a special one-off gig for Norwich and if you are a fan of punk rock you will think its phenomenal.'
You may also want to watch:
The multi-talented musician had his first taste of fame when he played with The Cure whilst still at school.
This year, he plans to complete a solo album with Stereophonics producer Jim Lowe and hopes rockers Glen Matlock and Viv Albertine will play on the record.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 4 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 5 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 8 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 9 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 10 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
Mr Donley also gives talks to budding musicians at the Access to Music centre in Norwich.
For more information about the event contact The Brickmakers on www.thebrickmakers.com.