Norwich musician reunites with Sex Pistols tribute band for one-off gig
A Norwich session musician is reuniting with a Sex Pistols tribute band for a one-off city gig.
David Donley will become punk guitarist Steve Jones with the Sex Pistols Experience for an event at the The Brickmakers, Sprowston Road, on Thursday March 3rd at 8pm
The 43-year old of Malborough Road, Norwich, left the band after completing a 32 date tour across America and playing a stadium of 20,000 people in the Czech Republic.
Since then, he has gone on to tour with Sex Pistols's star, Glen Matlock, Mick Jones from The Clash, Viv Albertine from the Slits and Midge Ure from Ultravox.
Mr Donley, who attended City of Norwich School, said: 'To get the chance to put those leather trousers back on is just going to be great. The Brickmakers is a great live venue and they love putting on good live bands. This is a special one-off gig for Norwich and if you are a fan of punk rock you will think its phenomenal.'
You may also want to watch:
The multi-talented musician had his first taste of fame when he played with The Cure whilst still at school.
This year, he plans to complete a solo album with Stereophonics producer Jim Lowe and hopes rockers Glen Matlock and Viv Albertine will play on the record.
- 1 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Tributes paid to 'happy and giggly' woman who died aged 23
- 7 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 10 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
Mr Donley also gives talks to budding musicians at the Access to Music centre in Norwich.
For more information about the event contact The Brickmakers on www.thebrickmakers.com.