Norwich music managers go No. 1 with Dappy of N-Dubz
Self made business successes Archie Lamb and Jack Foster are celebrating after another of their artists hit the top spot.
The pair, who are the management behind the chart success of grime artist Tinchy Stryder, and the founders of the Star in the Hood clothing brand, have signed the established face and voice of Dappy – of award-winning hip hop act N-Dubz fame – to their label Takeover Entertainment.
Dappy's debut solo single, No Regrets, went straight in at number one on Sunday, September 25 and held firm in the top ten at number four on Sunday, October 2.
The pair attended City of Norwich School, in Eaton. Archie, who is the son of North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb, said: 'Dappy had seen the success we had with Tinchy and he wanted a number one desperately. We said we would get him one and we got it so we're really pleased. We would have looked silly if we hadn't, but we never doubted it.
'We've known him for about seven years, we all came up together. When we shot the video with Dappy and Tinchy [for the chart topping duet 'Number 1'] Dappy just came out and said that he wanted us to manage him.'
You may also want to watch:
The pair, who now live in London, are now working on Dappy's album campaign and, as with Tinchy, are to launch a clothing brand to compliment the music. MiGi Clothing takes its name from Dappy's sons Milo and Gino and will be out for Christmas. With collaborations with electropop hot property Calvin Harris and, potentially, global superstar Rihanna on the cards for Dappy, and the pair's deal with US rapper Jay Z's label Roc-A-Fella, the only way is up.
'If you just continue to work hard and be on top of your game, it can happen,' said Archie. 'We want to become the biggest. We're heading in the right direction, we've just got to keep humble and working hard.'
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 10 Looking back at one of the city's favourite outdoor swimming pools
Has you or someone you know tasted national success? Call Joe Wilkes on 01603 772443 or email email@example.com