Wensum ‘Miss Slinky’ winner lost 6 stone in one year
- Credit: Steve Little
A mum from the Norwich area has been recognised by her slimming group for her weight loss achievements this year.
Sarah Carrs, 43, from Costessey, weighed 15 stone and was a size 18 when she joined her local Slimming World group.
Having lost six stone and dropping to a dress size 10, Ms Carrs has now been voted the Wensum Slimming World group's Miss Slinky 2018 – an annual Slimming World award, along with Mr Sleek, that recognises members who 'have transformed both inside and out by becoming healthier and happier, slimmer and more confident'.
Ms Carrs said: 'It has been an incredible year as I never imagined that I could've lost this much weight.
'I have tried to count calories in the past and never had much success. Going to Slimming World has changed my life and I have made so many new friends.
You may also want to watch:
'It really is a lifestyle not a diet and I can't thank my consultant Steve enough for giving me a new body and new confidence to match.'
Steve Little, who runs the Wensum group Ms Carrs attends said: 'Christmas is a time of year for getting dressed up and having a good time.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 5 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
'However, I know a lot of my members have told me they'd often dread it because they felt uncomfortable and out of place at parties, which is just so sad. This year I know Sarah will feel completely different from previous years.
'I've no doubt that they'll inspire other people to lose weight too and show that whether you've got a little or a lot of weight to lose, slimming down can make a big difference to how you feel about yourself and really boost your confidence.'
Do you have a slimming success story? Email email@example.com