Norwich mum completes Three Peaks challenge for daughter
A Norwich mum took on the highest mountains in Scotland, England and Wales within 24 hours to raise funds for her daughter.
Two-year-old Daisy Ogston, of Winchcomb Road, Bowthorpe, suffers from a very rare and debilitating condition called Adams-Oliver Syndrome.
Funds are being raised to transform her bedroom so the youngster, who is missing the front of her skull, can play and sleep independently.
Daisy's mum Kerry Ogston took part in the Three Peaks Challenge with a team from Norwich-based charity Let's Do It Anyway and a volunteer from the charity Home Start.
The challenge saw her climb Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon – some 10,000ft –within 24 hours.
Mum-of-three Ms Ogston, 32, who also completed the challenge along with her partner Mark Jenner, his sister and an old school friend, plus other members of the team, said: 'The team spirit was such a buzz. I loved every minute of it, and the plans are being drawn up for Daisy's room. I cannot wait, nor can she. Thanks to all who made this wonderful experience happen.'
Ms Ogston had received personal training from Life Styles for Living in the run up to the challenge, which took place over the weekend of September 15-16.
- 1 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 2 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 3 Huge chalet bungalow for sale near Norwich offers 'oasis' for £700k
- 4 Restaurant loses walk-in trade after months of roadworks
- 5 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 6 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 7 Teenager holding knife chases boy along city road
- 8 Final warning for officer following clash between two women and cops
- 9 New courts, please! Tennis controversy continues in Norwich
- 10 Three-vehicle crash closes part of A47 near Norwich
Her next challenge will be to do a skydive with Tonya Knights, of Let's Do It Anyway.
She is still collecting donations. To donate, go to charitygiving.co.uk/kerryogston.
Are you fundraising for charity? Email email@example.com