Norwich mum completes Three Peaks challenge for daughter
A Norwich mum took on the highest mountains in Scotland, England and Wales within 24 hours to raise funds for her daughter.
Two-year-old Daisy Ogston, of Winchcomb Road, Bowthorpe, suffers from a very rare and debilitating condition called Adams-Oliver Syndrome.
Funds are being raised to transform her bedroom so the youngster, who is missing the front of her skull, can play and sleep independently.
Daisy's mum Kerry Ogston took part in the Three Peaks Challenge with a team from Norwich-based charity Let's Do It Anyway and a volunteer from the charity Home Start.
The challenge saw her climb Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon – some 10,000ft –within 24 hours.
You may also want to watch:
Mum-of-three Ms Ogston, 32, who also completed the challenge along with her partner Mark Jenner, his sister and an old school friend, plus other members of the team, said: 'The team spirit was such a buzz. I loved every minute of it, and the plans are being drawn up for Daisy's room. I cannot wait, nor can she. Thanks to all who made this wonderful experience happen.'
Ms Ogston had received personal training from Life Styles for Living in the run up to the challenge, which took place over the weekend of September 15-16.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 6 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 7 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 8 City bursts into life for Norwich Pride 2021
- 9 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 10 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
Her next challenge will be to do a skydive with Tonya Knights, of Let's Do It Anyway.
She is still collecting donations. To donate, go to charitygiving.co.uk/kerryogston.
Are you fundraising for charity? Email firstname.lastname@example.org