Norwich mum completes Three Peaks challenge for daughter
A Norwich mum took on the highest mountains in Scotland, England and Wales within 24 hours to raise funds for her daughter.
Two-year-old Daisy Ogston, of Winchcomb Road, Bowthorpe, suffers from a very rare and debilitating condition called Adams-Oliver Syndrome.
Funds are being raised to transform her bedroom so the youngster, who is missing the front of her skull, can play and sleep independently.
Daisy's mum Kerry Ogston took part in the Three Peaks Challenge with a team from Norwich-based charity Let's Do It Anyway and a volunteer from the charity Home Start.
The challenge saw her climb Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon – some 10,000ft –within 24 hours.
Mum-of-three Ms Ogston, 32, who also completed the challenge along with her partner Mark Jenner, his sister and an old school friend, plus other members of the team, said: 'The team spirit was such a buzz. I loved every minute of it, and the plans are being drawn up for Daisy's room. I cannot wait, nor can she. Thanks to all who made this wonderful experience happen.'
Ms Ogston had received personal training from Life Styles for Living in the run up to the challenge, which took place over the weekend of September 15-16.
- 1 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 2 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 3 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 4 Protest planned as anger grows against 725 homes plan
- 5 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 6 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 7 Neighbours saw homeowner using hosepipe to fight flames of school building
- 8 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 9 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 10 How Norwich's former pubs have changed over the years
Her next challenge will be to do a skydive with Tonya Knights, of Let's Do It Anyway.
She is still collecting donations. To donate, go to charitygiving.co.uk/kerryogston.
Are you fundraising for charity? Email email@example.com