Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- Credit: Slimming World
A mother and daughter from Norwich have dramatically transformed their lives after losing over 12st combined.
Having joined Costessey Slimming World in January 2020, Claire Minter and her daughter Alice have supported one another to achieve their dream target weights.
Claire said: “When we first joined Slimming World, I had just suffered two strokes days after my 49th birthday - I knew it was time to take action."
Claire began to make small changes to the way she cooked meals and was originally worried that healthy meals might limit dinner options.
"Now, we try more new recipes now than we ever did before," she said.
"My biggest concern was evenings. I used to snack on crisps and chocolate, but now I am enjoying fruit and healthy Hi-Fi bars instead!”
Alice, who has lost six and a half stone since joining Slimming World, said: "Our group is great, we swap recipes and strategies for staying on track. If we’ve ever struggled there has always been someone ready to suggest a new idea or remind us why we started this journey.
- 1 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 2 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 3 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 4 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 5 Two men charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 6 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 7 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 8 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 9 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 10 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
"Dreams really do come true."