Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- Credit: Slimming World
A mother and daughter from Norwich have dramatically transformed their lives after losing over 12st combined.
Having joined Costessey Slimming World in January 2020, Claire Minter and her daughter Alice have supported one another to achieve their dream target weights.
Claire said: “When we first joined Slimming World, I had just suffered two strokes days after my 49th birthday - I knew it was time to take action."
Claire began to make small changes to the way she cooked meals and was originally worried that healthy meals might limit dinner options.
"Now, we try more new recipes now than we ever did before," she said.
"My biggest concern was evenings. I used to snack on crisps and chocolate, but now I am enjoying fruit and healthy Hi-Fi bars instead!”
Alice, who has lost six and a half stone since joining Slimming World, said: "Our group is great, we swap recipes and strategies for staying on track. If we’ve ever struggled there has always been someone ready to suggest a new idea or remind us why we started this journey.
- 1 Winter Wonderland in Norwich park cancelled – but may move elsewhere
- 2 Christmas train with tunnel of lights running at Norwich park
- 3 New Burger King site approved in city centre
- 4 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 5 'Dude, where's my car?!' City girl's new Fiesta vanishes
- 6 City restaurant offers free Christmas meals to 'anyone that needs it'
- 7 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 8 Parcel thief in for a shock after nabbing mystery package from city home
- 9 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 10 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
"Dreams really do come true."