Norwich model to enter the boxing ring
A Norwich model is set to prove she's got brawn as well as beauty by taking part in a boxing match in front of 3,000 people later this year.
Kerri Parker has been chosen as part of a team of 12 model boxers by Maxim magazine to fight at The Troxy venue in London in November.
Ms Parker, 27, is currently preparing for the event by training more than two hours a day by practising various martial arts, running, and boxing with the Norwich Kickstop MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Gym.
But the former Miss Norwich winner, who has set up the Kerri Parker Model Academy, will be hoping she does not get injured as a result of her gruelling training schedule as she has another important date in September.
The versatile former Norwich City College student will be reverting back to her modelling talent when she represents England in the world supermodel pageant finals in Fiji in September.
Ms Parker, who will be one of 24 finalists from all over the world, said: 'I'll spend a week in Fiji representing my country, this is the second time I have done so at an international level after representing England in the Model of the Universe finals in 2003.'
Trying to prepare herself for the two very different events has proved something of a challenge for Ms Parker, but one that she has enjoyed.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 3 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 4 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 5 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 6 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 7 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 8 Thorpe Road closes to all traffic as resurfacing work begins
- 9 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 10 Bread Source confirms location of new store
She said: 'It's hard because whilst I'm trying to stay slim and slender for the pageant I have to gain muscle and weight for the boxing, and whilst I'm trying to maintain a perfect complexion for modelling I'm often bruised or the occasional black eye.
'However I love the two very different things with a passion as each brings so much to my character and confidence.'
When she is not strutting her stuff on the catwalk or preparing for the fight, Ms Parker , who loves to practice her martial arts.
She trains five nights a week, winning gold medals in the Kuk Sol Won (Korean martial art) European Tournament in 2009 and 2010.
The former Neatherd High School pupil, who is currently completing her training to join the JISC Stunt Register and become a stuntwoman, has appeared in several movies, including The Bourne Ultimatum and Batman The Dark Knight.
To find out more about Kerri Parker or her model academy which currently has more than 1500 girls registered, log onto www.kerri-parker.com/
Are you representing Norwich in a national or international competition? Call reporter Peter Walsh on 01603 772436 or email email@example.com