Norwich model shop opens after delay
David BaleThe grand opening of a new model shop in Norwich took place today- a day after it had been postponed after a hit-and-run driver crashed his car into the front window.David Bale
The grand opening of a new model shop in Norwich took place today- a day after it had been postponed after a hit-and-run driver crashed his car into the front window.
National chain Modelzone has moved into the former model store Keller's Model Marque in Cattle Market Street, and after getting the shop ready since last weekend, planned to open yesterday. But staff arrived in the morning only to find that the front window was smashed in after a motorist had ploughed into the building the previous night, and had then left the scene.
However, manager Alan Powley, said the shop was able to open today.
Police said the car smashed into the front of the shop, at around 10.30pm on Wednesday, June 9.
The driver of the vehicle, believed to be a Ford Escort, left the scene and further enquiries are being made to locate the driver, police said.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 5 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 6 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 7 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 8 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
- 9 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich