Norwich model shop opens after delay
David BaleThe grand opening of a new model shop in Norwich took place today- a day after it had been postponed after a hit-and-run driver crashed his car into the front window.David Bale
The grand opening of a new model shop in Norwich took place today- a day after it had been postponed after a hit-and-run driver crashed his car into the front window.
National chain Modelzone has moved into the former model store Keller's Model Marque in Cattle Market Street, and after getting the shop ready since last weekend, planned to open yesterday. But staff arrived in the morning only to find that the front window was smashed in after a motorist had ploughed into the building the previous night, and had then left the scene.
However, manager Alan Powley, said the shop was able to open today.
Police said the car smashed into the front of the shop, at around 10.30pm on Wednesday, June 9.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the vehicle, believed to be a Ford Escort, left the scene and further enquiries are being made to locate the driver, police said.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 3 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 4 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 5 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 6 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 7 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 8 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 9 Norwich bookshop named one of Britain's best
- 10 Farke on his contract situation at City