Norwich model shop opens after delay
David BaleThe grand opening of a new model shop in Norwich took place today- a day after it had been postponed after a hit-and-run driver crashed his car into the front window.David Bale
The grand opening of a new model shop in Norwich took place today- a day after it had been postponed after a hit-and-run driver crashed his car into the front window.
National chain Modelzone has moved into the former model store Keller's Model Marque in Cattle Market Street, and after getting the shop ready since last weekend, planned to open yesterday. But staff arrived in the morning only to find that the front window was smashed in after a motorist had ploughed into the building the previous night, and had then left the scene.
However, manager Alan Powley, said the shop was able to open today.
Police said the car smashed into the front of the shop, at around 10.30pm on Wednesday, June 9.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the vehicle, believed to be a Ford Escort, left the scene and further enquiries are being made to locate the driver, police said.
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 5 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 6 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 7 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Man seriously injured after crash
- 10 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre