Norwich model shop opens after delay
David BaleThe grand opening of a new model shop in Norwich took place today- a day after it had been postponed after a hit-and-run driver crashed his car into the front window.David Bale
The grand opening of a new model shop in Norwich took place today- a day after it had been postponed after a hit-and-run driver crashed his car into the front window.
National chain Modelzone has moved into the former model store Keller's Model Marque in Cattle Market Street, and after getting the shop ready since last weekend, planned to open yesterday. But staff arrived in the morning only to find that the front window was smashed in after a motorist had ploughed into the building the previous night, and had then left the scene.
However, manager Alan Powley, said the shop was able to open today.
Police said the car smashed into the front of the shop, at around 10.30pm on Wednesday, June 9.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the vehicle, believed to be a Ford Escort, left the scene and further enquiries are being made to locate the driver, police said.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 3 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 4 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 5 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus