Norwich men launch 160km charity bike ride around coastal beauty spots
- Credit: Archant
Two fundraisers are calling for people to join them in a 160km charity cycle ride.
Kev Dynes, 43, and Joe Bickerdike, 33, both from Norwich, caught the fundraising bug after taking part in Tour De Y, a 360 mile cycling event, last year. So they have launched their own fundraiser on Saturday, May 8.
The pair both work for YMCA Norfolk and will be raising money for the charity's 160th anniversary appeal.
Kev Dynes said: 'We have organised the charity ride to raise awareness and funds support vulnerable young people at risk of homelessness.
'We are riding 160km in a day, around Norfolk and its beautiful coastline, stopping at other YMCA sites. We will be starting at Norwich YMCA Central, next to Norwich Bus Station, and hoping to finish about ten hours later.'
You may also want to watch:
The route will include Caister-on-Sea, Hemsby and Sheringham.
Stopping points will include Hall Quay, which is home to YMCA Great Yarmouth, Bacton sea-front and the YMCA England shop in Holt.
- 1 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 2 Norwich's Jack Wills store to close
- 3 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 5 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 6 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Norwich city centre roundabout revamp remains 'firmly in pipeline'
- 9 New Covid testing site opens near Norwich
- 10 ‘Burglars will think twice’ - Police hand out security kits to 4,000 homes
Mr Dynes added: 'We're hoping for 10 to 20 riders to sign up and we have five so far.
'With a small registration fee of £30 just to cover expenses, I have set myself a target of £600 and hope others will raise cash too.'
- For more information, visit: www.ymcanorfolk.org/event/tour-de-y-norfolk
- To sponsor Kev Dynes, visit: www.virginmoneygiving.com/kevindynes