Norwich McDonald’s wants to open all night
A city councillor has lodged an objection to proposals for a McDonald's in Norwich to open through the night.
The McDonald's drive-through in Tuckswood wants to open from 11pm until 5am, but needs to get permission from Norwich City Council to do so under licensing regulations.
But David Fairbairn, Liberal Democrat councillor for Lakenham and Tuckswood said he would be objecting to the scheme.
He said: 'I am very concerned that residents who could be adversely affected by this change only have until Christmas Eve to submit any comments to the city council – a day when City Hall will be closed!
'With this being such a busy time for many people and the postal system in overdrive there is a big risk that people's objections or comments will not make it to the council in time.'
You may also want to watch:
He has submitted an objection to the extended opening hours and added: 'I would urge all of those who received a letter from the council about these plans to return the enclosed form with their comments as soon as they can.'
The Barrett Road restaurant revealed earlier this week that it would be open from 11am to 5pm on Christmas Day, with franchisee Kevin Foley admitting he was surprised so many staff wanted to work that day.
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Financial clause revealed in Rashica move to Norwich City
- 5 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn