Norwich McDonald’s wants to open all night
A city councillor has lodged an objection to proposals for a McDonald's in Norwich to open through the night.
The McDonald's drive-through in Tuckswood wants to open from 11pm until 5am, but needs to get permission from Norwich City Council to do so under licensing regulations.
But David Fairbairn, Liberal Democrat councillor for Lakenham and Tuckswood said he would be objecting to the scheme.
He said: 'I am very concerned that residents who could be adversely affected by this change only have until Christmas Eve to submit any comments to the city council – a day when City Hall will be closed!
'With this being such a busy time for many people and the postal system in overdrive there is a big risk that people's objections or comments will not make it to the council in time.'
You may also want to watch:
He has submitted an objection to the extended opening hours and added: 'I would urge all of those who received a letter from the council about these plans to return the enclosed form with their comments as soon as they can.'
The Barrett Road restaurant revealed earlier this week that it would be open from 11am to 5pm on Christmas Day, with franchisee Kevin Foley admitting he was surprised so many staff wanted to work that day.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 2 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 8 'We promise to leave you alone': Unusual new policy for shop
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 Looking back at one of the city's favourite outdoor swimming pools