This is what Norwich market looked like hundreds of years ago
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk history buff has created a video that reveals how Norwich city centre looked as far back as the 1700s.
The video, made by James Fox, from Aylsham, winds the clock back as it shows photographs from 2018 to 1905.
It then shows illustrations of the market from 1855 to 1788.
The most historic image, which depicts the city centre 231 years ago, is almost unrecognisable as the Norwich current city dwellers know.
Though the video reveals hundreds of years of Norwich market it doesn't reach as far as the beginning, as the market was first founded in the eleventh century and has been a bustling centre of trade ever since.
You may also want to watch:
Do you have a remarkable video to share with us? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 3 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 4 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 5 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus