Third Norwich lottery winner in five months scoops £30,000
- Credit: People's Postcode Lottery
A Postcode Lottery winner has said a £30,000 windfall is “life changing” after becoming the third person in Norwich to scoop the prize in five months.
The lucky winner, identified as Stan, picked up the £30,000 cheque after his postcode, NR1 1TU, was randomly drawn in the Street Prize draw earlier this month.
He was the only player in the postcode - which covers Salisbury Road, off Thorpe Road in Norwich - so swelled his bank balance by the full £30,000 prize pot.
Due to coronavirus restrictions his big win was revealed to him online by TV presenter Matt Johnson.
“This is life changing for me,” said the winner. “I never thought I’d be in a position where I could put myself on the property letter so that is just something that I will do with that.
You may also want to watch:
"I always have a look on Rightmove to see properties that I like but think it’s going to be years until I can get a house if ever I can afford that. So it’s life changing, it really is.”
He is the third recent £30,000 winner in Norwich after the NR6 7EG postcode was drawn in January and five neighbours shared the prize after NR3 1TT won in September.
Meanwhile there have been five Norfolk postcodes drawn in the lottery’s daily draw this month alone winning every ticket holder living there £1,000.
The subscription lottery benefits charities, with 32pc of the ticket price going to good causes.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 7 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 8 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 9 Fish and chip shop offering battered birthday cake to celebrate 50 years
- 10 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination