Norwich man raises Movember money after cycling from Greece to Norfolk in a month
- Credit: JONTY YOUNG
A father-of-three who cycled from Greece to a Norwich pub in one month has raised just over £2,000 for charity.
Paul Strong, 55, who splits his year between Mill Hill Road in Norwich and the Peloponnese in Greece, completed the 2,000-mile challenge for the Movember Foundation.
The charity encourages men to grow a moustache during November - something Mr Strong also did during his journey - to highlight men's health issues.
The 55-year-old former lecturer finished his cycle challenge at the Birdcage on Pottergate.
After finishing, Mr Strong said: 'I feel good. It was really hard - there was a stage when I wanted to give up.
'My favourite part was in southern Italy. The people are so friendly.'
You may also want to watch:
The route varied from steep hills to French river canal paths.
There is still time to donate to Mr Strong by visiting https://mobro.co/paulnstrong
- 1 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 2 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 3 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 4 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 5 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 6 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 7 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 10 Part of A47 closed due to crash