Norwich man raises Movember money after cycling from Greece to Norfolk in a month
- Credit: JONTY YOUNG
A father-of-three who cycled from Greece to a Norwich pub in one month has raised just over £2,000 for charity.
Paul Strong, 55, who splits his year between Mill Hill Road in Norwich and the Peloponnese in Greece, completed the 2,000-mile challenge for the Movember Foundation.
The charity encourages men to grow a moustache during November - something Mr Strong also did during his journey - to highlight men's health issues.
The 55-year-old former lecturer finished his cycle challenge at the Birdcage on Pottergate.
After finishing, Mr Strong said: 'I feel good. It was really hard - there was a stage when I wanted to give up.
'My favourite part was in southern Italy. The people are so friendly.'
You may also want to watch:
The route varied from steep hills to French river canal paths.
There is still time to donate to Mr Strong by visiting https://mobro.co/paulnstrong
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 4 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 5 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 6 'Unacceptable': Council hits out at soiled clothing left in public toilets
- 7 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 8 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
- 9 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 10 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road