Norwich-made cupcakes raising for charity
She has spent so much time baking in the last week that the oven broke, and the description 'sweet tooth' has never been more of an understatement.
But Charlotte Rye, 23, from Earlham Road in Norwich is quite the seasoned cupcake creator, from carrot cake to the unusual red velvet, and perhaps even Earl Grey flavour.
The former Notre Dame High School student has been lovingly making the cute cakes, and is selling them at the Langtry pub on Unthank Road where she works, to raise money for the charity Raleigh International. Miss Rye, who graduated from Leeds University this year, said: 'I want to make as much money as I can for such a worthy cause, and I thought everyone loves cupcakes.'
Miss Rye will be cycling 100 miles in August to raise more money for the charity, which develops infrastructure in rural areas and educate communities about sustainable living.
And in October she will be going to Nicaragua for 10 weeks to see the charity at work.
To sponsor Charlotte visit www.justgiving.com/charlottenicaragua or pop in to the Langtry for a cake.
- 1 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 2 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 3 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 4 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 5 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 6 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
- 7 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 8 'Not worth it!': Councillor wants new bus lane ditched
- 9 Has £10,000 prize crash landed in Norwich from space?
- 10 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in