Norwich-made cupcakes raising for charity
She has spent so much time baking in the last week that the oven broke, and the description 'sweet tooth' has never been more of an understatement.
But Charlotte Rye, 23, from Earlham Road in Norwich is quite the seasoned cupcake creator, from carrot cake to the unusual red velvet, and perhaps even Earl Grey flavour.
The former Notre Dame High School student has been lovingly making the cute cakes, and is selling them at the Langtry pub on Unthank Road where she works, to raise money for the charity Raleigh International. Miss Rye, who graduated from Leeds University this year, said: 'I want to make as much money as I can for such a worthy cause, and I thought everyone loves cupcakes.'
Miss Rye will be cycling 100 miles in August to raise more money for the charity, which develops infrastructure in rural areas and educate communities about sustainable living.
And in October she will be going to Nicaragua for 10 weeks to see the charity at work.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Charlotte visit www.justgiving.com/charlottenicaragua or pop in to the Langtry for a cake.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September