Norwich-made cupcakes raising for charity
She has spent so much time baking in the last week that the oven broke, and the description 'sweet tooth' has never been more of an understatement.
But Charlotte Rye, 23, from Earlham Road in Norwich is quite the seasoned cupcake creator, from carrot cake to the unusual red velvet, and perhaps even Earl Grey flavour.
The former Notre Dame High School student has been lovingly making the cute cakes, and is selling them at the Langtry pub on Unthank Road where she works, to raise money for the charity Raleigh International. Miss Rye, who graduated from Leeds University this year, said: 'I want to make as much money as I can for such a worthy cause, and I thought everyone loves cupcakes.'
Miss Rye will be cycling 100 miles in August to raise more money for the charity, which develops infrastructure in rural areas and educate communities about sustainable living.
And in October she will be going to Nicaragua for 10 weeks to see the charity at work.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Charlotte visit www.justgiving.com/charlottenicaragua or pop in to the Langtry for a cake.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 City fan park takes shape ahead of England's Euro 2020 opener
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 5 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 6 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 7 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
- 8 Police cordon remains in place after serious sex assault in Norwich
- 9 Man who took baby from Norfolk hospital to be sentenced
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace