Everything you need to know about The Lord Mayor’s Procession in Norwich
- Credit: Steve Adams
The Lord Mayor's Procession will soon be winding its way through the streets of Norwich. Here's everything you need to know about the event.
When is it?
The procession is on Saturday 7 July and will take place from 6pm to 8.30pm. The timings have been pushed back an hour following England's victory over Colombia.
Where does the parade begin?
The parade begins its route on St Stephens Road, which is a great place to stand if you want to see the floats before anyone else. It then moves along Castle Meadow and Tombland.
You may also want to watch:
Where does it end?
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 6 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 7 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 8 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
What's the theme this year?
'The circus comes to town'
Are there viewing areas for people with disabilities?
Yes, on Castle Meadow opposite Opie Street.
Will there be travel disruption?
Some road closures are in place for the event. You can find full details of these along with a colour coded closure map on the City Council's website.
How do I get there?
Cars: See parking information at www.norwich.gov.uk/parking
Buses: Temporary bus stops will be in place on Surrey Street and All Saints Green for daytime services affected by the road closures.
Park and Ride: Airport, Harford and Thickthorn services will run until 11pm. Sprowston and Postwick services will run until 7pm.
Full details available on the Norfolk County Council website.
Where can I get tickets and how much are they?
While you'll need tickets if you want to attend any of The Lord Mayor's Celebration shows this weekend, the parade itself is a free event which doesn't require tickets.
Who is taking part?
1. The Feed Norwich
2. Town Crier
3. Whifflers and Snap Dragon
4. The Lord Mayor and Sheriff of Norwich and civic party
5. Klangs Entourage
6. The circus comes to town - Chapter 1. Roll up, roll up!
7. The circus comes to town - Chapter 2. Gleaming and Glittering
8. The circus comes to town - Chapter 3. Peculiar Tales
9. The circus comes to town - Chapter 4. Paradise of Curiosities
10. The circus comes to town - Chapter 5. CarnivalesCo with Norwich Samba and Oak Circus
11. Norfolk Broads - Red Hot Society
12. 1st Hoveton and Wroxham Sea Scouts
13. Sprowston Junior School
14. Maddermarket Theatre
15. The Hewett Academy
16. Norfolk Snowsports
17. Bannatyne Health Club
18. Norfolk Community Learning Services
19. Norfolk (Iceni) Schoolgirls Basket team
20. The Greenhouse Trust
21A. Special Olympics Norfolk
21B. Open Youth Trust
22. Zumba and Powerhoop with Jane
23. 1st Harling Scout Group
24. Norwich Theatre Train
25. Catton Grove Primary School
26. Norwich School of Dance
27. Framtastics Gymnastics Club
28. Buy Local Norfolk
29. City of Norwich - Civic Association
30. Pam Clarke Music and Dance Academy
31. Angel Road Federation of Schools
32. Stagecoach Norwich
33. Chermond Gymnastics Club
34. Street Mogs
35. 1st Norwich Sea Scout Group (Duck Race)
36. Archant (Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News)
37. Funky Fusion Dance
38. BBC Radio Norfolk
39. YMCA Norfolk
40. Zumba Lucia
41. Norwich Star Wars Club
42. Charles Darwin Primary
43. Beccles Carnival
44. Virgin Money
45. Float withdrawn
46. Playaz Community Radio
48. Aspire Dance
49. Lions Club International (East Anglia)
50. Zumba Kids with Sarah-Jayne
51. East Anglia's Children's Hospices
52. Knowles Dance & Fitness Studio
53. Girl Guiding Milecross District
54. TPF Parkour & Chemond Boy's Gymnastics
55. Forest Heath Public Radio Limited T/A Zack FM
56. Stella School of Dance
57. Norwich Business Improvement District
58. The Free School
59. Parallel Dance Studios
60. Silver Road Community Centre
61. Cromer Carnival
62. Ber Street Hub
63. Norfolk Fire Service
64. InTouch Systems
Our coverage of the Lord Mayor's Celebration is sponsored by First Buses.