Norwich Lanes puts on a dazzling show at Norwich Fashion Week
The independent boutiques, hair stylists and makeup artists proved that they can pack a punch in the fashion stakes as the Norwich Lanes Cut & Cloth show produces a spectacular display at Norwich Fashion Week.
Decadent vintage glamour, tartan, leopard print and retro inspired prints hit the catwalk at the Norwich Lanes Cut & Cloth fashion show last night.
Part of Norwich Fashion Week, the offbeat show held in St Gregory's Church dazzled the crowds with a high energy display of creativity and extreme styles inspired by Modern Vintage.
Showstoppers included the minimal detailing of new Croatian brand Xenia from Walkers, an 80s tracksuit worn with bling from Goldfinches, statement jewellery from Butler & Wilson at Soho Hip, a Vivienne Westwood red and green tartan tailored skirt suit from Catfish and a tartan wedding dress in deep violet and green that was specially made for the Norwich Fashion Week show from Love Couture.
For men, sharp suiting from Philip Browne's collection was showcased to dramatic effect on twin male models, and Dogfish pulled out all the stops with the late 50s preppy style Ivy League look of premium smart casual wear with cords and knits.
You may also want to watch:
Hair was also the star of the show with looks from The Egg, Transformer, Hooloovoo, Hairsmiths, Blades, Shears and Flint all working to the Future Vintage theme with dip dyes, 50s-style quiffs and showstopping creations by Flamingo Amy at Flint.
After the show, fashion-goers were treated to an after party at The Birdcage.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 3 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 4 Campaigners angry as park hedge cut down for tennis court scheme
- 5 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
- 6 'Unacceptable': Council hits out at soiled clothing left in public toilets
- 7 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 Norwich woman's new cookie company has 'gone crazy'
- 10 Dinosaur-themed food trail running in Norwich restaurants this summer
Owner of the Birdcage and member of the Norwich Lanes Traders Association, Lauren Gregory said: 'Norwich Lanes has such a diverse selection of independent boutiques. The show has proved that the looks you can get from Norwich Lanes are essential for the city to continue to generate new, individual styles and exciting trends.'
Selected boutiques and businesses in Norwich Lanes will be having flash sales today so that you can get the latest looks from the catwalk for less.
See the pictures from the Norwich Lanes Cut & Cloth show by clicking on the photo gallery at the top right of this page.
The full review of the show will be on the Life Matters pages in your Evening News on Monday.
Norwich Fashion Week runs until Thursday, September 29. For the full list of events and shows taking place throughout the week, click on the Norwich Fashion Week website link at the top right of this page.