Norwich Inns raises more than £12,000 for Nelson’s Journey
- Credit: Archant
A local charity helping bereaved children has received an injection of more than £12,000 following a year of fundraising by Norwich Inns.
Nelson's Journey recently received the donation of £12,270 following the fundraising effort.
Norwich Inns is made-up of more than fifty independently owned public houses, restaurants, hotels, theme parks and leisure facilities throughout the county.
Craig McLaren, chief executive, said: 'Considering the financial climate in 2013 I am absolutely delighted with the amount of money raised. Norwich Inns members and their staff have not only donated money, but also their time and venues. A special thank you must go to all our customers who have once again given generously to a most deserving charity.'
Every year, members select a charity that the outlets collectively fundraise for through various events. This year there were golf days, cycling challenges, quizzes, raffles and individual challenges, which united local communities and members over a common cause.
You may also want to watch:
The funds will enable Nelson's Journey to continue to support in excess of 500 children and young people that are referred to them every year. Carol Plunkett, marketing and funding officer, said: 'We would like to thank Craig, all the Norwich Inns members and their customers for their support. This is a fantastic amount of money raised, which will benefit bereaved children here in Norfolk.'
During 2013, Nelson's Journey received 506 referrals and has received over 200 this year.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 4 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
It has been operating for 16 years.