Construction of Norwich Ice Rink gets under way in Castle Mall Gardens
- Credit: Archant
It's almost time to get your skates on!
Norwich Ice Rink opens next week and builders are hard at work constructing a winter wonderland in Castle Mall gardens.
The floor has been laid and the marquee and lights have gone up so far, with the ice rink itself set to be placed over the coming weekend.
Snowy Joey, the popular 50ft bouncy castle shaped like a snowman, will be set up early next week, ready for the ice rink's grand opening on Friday, December 15.
Sponsored by Norwich Theatre Royal's Sleeping Beauty pantomime, the Norwich Ice Rink will run until Sunday, January 7, closing only on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
You may also want to watch:
Opening hours will be from 10am to 9pm daily, with the last skate session starting at 8pm.
Tickets cost £12 per adult and £8 for a child.
For more information visit icerinknorwich.co.uk
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 5 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 9 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 10 Norwich man wanted by police