Construction of Norwich Ice Rink gets under way in Castle Mall Gardens
- Credit: Archant
It's almost time to get your skates on!
Norwich Ice Rink opens next week and builders are hard at work constructing a winter wonderland in Castle Mall gardens.
The floor has been laid and the marquee and lights have gone up so far, with the ice rink itself set to be placed over the coming weekend.
Snowy Joey, the popular 50ft bouncy castle shaped like a snowman, will be set up early next week, ready for the ice rink's grand opening on Friday, December 15.
Sponsored by Norwich Theatre Royal's Sleeping Beauty pantomime, the Norwich Ice Rink will run until Sunday, January 7, closing only on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
You may also want to watch:
Opening hours will be from 10am to 9pm daily, with the last skate session starting at 8pm.
Tickets cost £12 per adult and £8 for a child.
For more information visit icerinknorwich.co.uk
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 5 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 6 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m