Norwich homes get the lacy look
Lace is on the fashion catwalks and on the home front, so how can you get a lacy look for your home? EMMA HARROWING shows you how.
Lace is big news on the fashion front this year. Fashion designers such as Alexander McQueen and Chanel used lace heavily in their spring and summer collections. Now this girly look is a trend for your home.
Fashion and interior trends usually follow on from each other. If tribal pattern is worn on the catwalks you can more or less guarantee that ethnic inspired accessories will be trendy for the home.
Now it seems that fashion and interior trends are hand in hand. Lace is just starting to come into the spring fashion collections on the high street and it is tipped to be a spring trend for the home too.
The lace look perfectly complements next season's floral and bird styles and by mixing and matching different patterns you can get different looks. Go for soft pastel florals and patterns with lace for a vintage inspired vibe, or opt for next season's bright colours and mix with coloured lace to create a contemporary colour clash in your home.
You may also want to watch:
The pretty vintage inspired look is perfect for the bedroom. Create a romantic vibe with soft pastel coloured duvet covers trimmed with lace, etched trinket boxes and lace effect wallpaper on an accent wall.
A simple way to inject the lace trend into a room is by buying several lace cushions and piling them on the bed or on a sofa for a carefree romantic look.
- 1 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 2 Norwich's Jack Wills store to close
- 3 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 4 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 5 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Norwich city centre roundabout revamp remains 'firmly in pipeline'
- 9 New Covid testing site opens near Norwich
- 10 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
Another top tip is to buy a piece of lace from a haberdashery shop and use it to mount a photograph of you and your loved one in a frame.
You can even opt for black lace if you want something a little bit more racier for your bedroom.
Get the look for your home with some of the lace finds Life Matters has found in the Norwich shops. Take a look by clicking on the photo gallery at the top right of this page.