Norwich named as one of most hipster cities in the UK
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
From BrewDog to beard, Norwich has been ranked one of the most hipster cities in the UK according to Google searches.
Search data shows that the city was at the number four spot in the entire country for classic 'hipster' words.
The data was compiled using Google Trends which enables you to see how many people look-up certain keywords.
The analysis by Edinburgh Live examined cities across the UK and included the terms 'veganism', 'craft beer', 'vintage', 'avocado', 'Instant Camera' and 'podcast'.
It also used the volume of searches for pub chain 'BrewDog' which has a branch in Queen Street, Norwich.
Each city was then given a rank based on how much search traffic there was for each term which was combined to 'hipster index'.
The most hipster city in the UK was named as Brighton, second was nearby Hove, followed by Bristol and then Norwich.
The data comes after Norwich was ranked the 97th most hipster city in the world in the 2018 Global Hipster Index by MoveHub.
The top 20 hipster towns and cities in the UK according to Google searches
- 1 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 2 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 3 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 4 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 5 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 7 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 8 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 Wakey wakey! Church bells pose dilemma to swanky flats plan
8. Newcastle upon Tyne
12 London (joint)
12 Leeds (joint)
Do you think Norwich is a hipster city? Vote in our poll