Norwich named as one of most hipster cities in the UK
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
From BrewDog to beard, Norwich has been ranked one of the most hipster cities in the UK according to Google searches.
Search data shows that the city was at the number four spot in the entire country for classic 'hipster' words.
The data was compiled using Google Trends which enables you to see how many people look-up certain keywords.
The analysis by Edinburgh Live examined cities across the UK and included the terms 'veganism', 'craft beer', 'vintage', 'avocado', 'Instant Camera' and 'podcast'.
It also used the volume of searches for pub chain 'BrewDog' which has a branch in Queen Street, Norwich.
Each city was then given a rank based on how much search traffic there was for each term which was combined to 'hipster index'.
You may also want to watch:
The most hipster city in the UK was named as Brighton, second was nearby Hove, followed by Bristol and then Norwich.
The data comes after Norwich was ranked the 97th most hipster city in the world in the 2018 Global Hipster Index by MoveHub.
The top 20 hipster towns and cities in the UK according to Google searches
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 6 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 7 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 10 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
8. Newcastle upon Tyne
12 London (joint)
12 Leeds (joint)
Do you think Norwich is a hipster city? Vote in our poll