Norwich high street fashion retailer goes into administration
Jane Norman in The Mall has gone into administration after the high street store struggles to find a buyer.
High street fashion retailer Jane Norman has gone into administration.
The high street fashion brand, which has a Norwich store in The Mall and a concession in Debenhams is one of many clothing retailers that have been hit hard with poor sales over the past few months.
More than 1600 jobs are believed to be at risk as the high street chain with debts of a reported �140m searches for a buyer.
Early reports indicate interest from Edinburgh Wool Mills and Debenhams which has more than 100 Jane Norman concessions in its UK stores.
The Jane Norman branch in The Mall is currently closed, but the concession in Debenhams is still open.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 3 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 4 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 5 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 6 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 7 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 8 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 9 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 10 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month