Norwich high street fashion retailer goes into administration
Jane Norman in The Mall has gone into administration after the high street store struggles to find a buyer.
High street fashion retailer Jane Norman has gone into administration.
The high street fashion brand, which has a Norwich store in The Mall and a concession in Debenhams is one of many clothing retailers that have been hit hard with poor sales over the past few months.
More than 1600 jobs are believed to be at risk as the high street chain with debts of a reported �140m searches for a buyer.
You may also want to watch:
Early reports indicate interest from Edinburgh Wool Mills and Debenhams which has more than 100 Jane Norman concessions in its UK stores.
The Jane Norman branch in The Mall is currently closed, but the concession in Debenhams is still open.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 3 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 5 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 6 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison