Norwich hair stylist shows you how to create vintage style
In the second part of our Norwich Fashion Week hair style guides, Hooloovoo on Pottergate shows you how to create a simple vintage-inspired look.
Victory rolls are a simple way to add a bit of vintage style to your look. Hair stylist Rachel at Hooloovoo shows you how to create this simple look.
1. Pin half of your hair up on top of your head and start curling and waving the back section using straighteners.
2. To curl your hair with straighteners take a small section of hair between the straighteners at the root and twist under as you pull the straighteners down the length of the section. Take another section of hair and repeat. Keep doing this until all for the back section of your hair is curly.
You may also want to watch:
3. Divide the top section of your hair in half creating a centre parting, leaving a small front section loose. Take one section and backcomb an inch from the root. Twist the hair under to form a victory roll on one side of your head and pin into place. Spray with hairspray to set.
- 1 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 2 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 3 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 4 Mum shares heartbreaking poems penned by daughter before death
- 5 Man took sword and axe to confront ex-wife's new partner
- 6 Traffic delays as drivers continue to queue for petrol
- 7 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 8 Mysabar is BACK! City's cosy outdoor bar returns for another Christmas
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
4. Repeat step 3 with the other section of hair on the other side of your head so that you end up with two victory rolls.
5. Take the front section and create an S curl by running the straighteners from root to tip turning the straighteners up and then down as you pull them through your hair.
6. Run your fingers through the curls to complete your look.
Photographer: Steve Adams
Models: Frances Roberson and Leanne Stuttard from the Norwich Fashion Week modelling team.
Makeup artist: Emily Turnbull at Love Moi Makeup 07896 849547 www.lovemoimakeup.webs.com
Hairstylists: Simi and Rachel at Hooloovoo on Pottergate call 01603 618968.
Hooloovoo will be showcasing their creations on the catwalk at the Norwich Lanes Cut & Cloth Fashion Show at St Gregory's Church on Friday September 23 at 8pm. Tickets cost �10 and include entry to the fashion show, drink, a goody bag and entry to the after show party at The Birdcage. For tickets call The Birdcage on 01603 633534.
Hooloovoo will also be creating vintage inspired styles at the Madhatters vintage tea party, fair and fashion show on Sunday September 25 from 11am. Tickets cost �5 and include entry to the vintage fair, fashion show and styling events throughout the day. For tickets call The Library Restaurant on 01603 616606
Norwich Fashion Week takes place from Thursday September 22 until Thursday September 29. To see the full programme of shows and events taking place throughout the week click on the Norwich Fashion Week web link at the top right of this page.