Norwich hair stylist’s step by step guide to catwalk hair
Braided hairstyles are tipped to big news on the catwalks at Norwich Fashion Week. In part one of our step-by-step hair guides, The Gallery Haircutters on Waterloo Road shows you how you can create a braided look. By Emma Harrowing.
Braids are a big look for hair this autumn and winter. Whether you opt for pigtails, a French pleat or more of a milk maid look, plaits are back in a big way. Stylist Abbie-Elise from The Gallery Haircutters shows you how to create a simple braided updo.
1. Spray your hair with a volumising spray and use a little flexible wax for hold. Take the top section of your hair and clip it out of the way. This will be your braid.
2. Divide the rest of your hair into three using a comb and tie the back section into a ponytail securing it with a band.
3. Take the top section your created in Step 1 and plait it to create a braid.
You may also want to watch:
4. Take your ponytail and twist it round to form a bun. Pin into place. Then pull in the side sections twisting them around the bun and pinning in place to create a messy bun.
5. Pull the braid down and around the bun an pin in place. Spray with hairspray to fix the style and a little gloss spray to promote shine.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
Photographer: Steve Adams
Special thanks to The Gallery Haircutters call 01603 787248. Make up by Sherrie Sparkes 07818 422383.
See our step-by-step guide in pictures by clicking the link at the top right of this page.
As part of Norwich Fashion Week, the Gallery Haircutters is hosting an evening of hair, beauty and bubbly. Find out how you can revamp your hair for the new season. Get the latest hair and beauty advice, find out the new styles and colours for autumn and winter, learn how to create catwalk styles and party looks, learn how to blow dry your hair like a professional and get makeup tips and tricks from celebrity makeup artist Louise Young. You will also get a goody bag as a memento of the night. The evening is on Monday September 26 from 7pm until 9pm at The Gallery on Waterloo Road. The evening is free but it is advisable to book as space is limited, call The Gallery on 01603 787248.
The Gallery will also be showcasing autumn and winter looks at the Independent Retail fashion show at The Forum which launches Norwich Fashion Week.
For all the news about Norwich Fashion Week click the web link at the top right of this page.