Norwich hair salon is ahead in colour at fashion week
Colour is tipped to be all over the catwalks at Norwich Fashion Week and while you may know what colours suit you, do you know what tones suit your hair? EMMA HARROWING takes a reader to test a new colour consultation service.
When Cheryl Cole went from a dark brunette to a blonde and Louise Redknapp changed her golden tresses to a shade of brown most of us thought that the colour change complemented their look.
Changing your hair colour can be a big step and of course celebrities have a team of professional (and expensive) stylists on tap to make sure their hair always look great.
So what if you could get the same professional advice for your hair – and for free?
The Gallery Haircutters on Waterloo Road has recently launched a colour consultation service to help you discover what tones suit you. The new service is a step up from the salon's previous colour service as the process takes into consideration your lifestyle and personality, as well as your skin tone, eye colour and your hair's natural base.
Mandy Dunham, co-owner of The Gallery Haircutters, believes that this bespoke colour consultation service is unique in Norwich. Says Mandy: 'Hair colour cannot be changed everyday like clothes or make-up so a good colour consultation is vital. Our bespoke service with our Colour Connection team takes into consideration all elements of your lifestyle and look to give you a customised hair colour palette.'
The cost of this service is �20 which includes a discount voucher off a colour at the salon. However, for Norwich Fashion Week The Gallery are offering this service for free at their Focus On Colour event on Monday, March 12.
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 Family living in city's 'worst' council house despair over new damp
- 3 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 4 Man refusing to pay rent for council flat over 16-year mould problem
- 5 Norwich City star and fan groups back call for drums at Carrow Road
- 6 Extra security measures approved for flats plagued by drug use
- 7 Norwich's tiniest pub completes facelift
- 8 Mum-to-be outraged after yobs vandalise 13 cars in suburb
- 9 Graduate outraged after being handed tax bill for unoccupied student digs
- 10 'Such a shame': Independent card shop announces closure with sale
To find out how and if this colour technique actually works, Life Matters readers Shari Biss from Norwich is given a colour consultation with Tracey at The Gallery, resulting in a new hair colour by colourist Sam that is said to flatter them the most and here are the results.
The Gallery Haircutters is holding a free Focus on Colour event during Norwich Fashion Week on Monday, March 12 between 9.30am and 3pm at their salon on Waterloo Road. Find out what colours suit you and get a discount off a colour in the salon. The event is free but it is advisable to book your place as space is limited. Call The Gallery Haircutters on 01603 787248.
Norwich Fashion Week runs from Thursday, March 8 until Thursday, March 15. Your Evening News will be bringing you all the news from Norwich Fashion Week in the paper over the next week.
For more information and a programme of events click on the Norwich Fashion Week link at the top right of this page.