Young gymnasts come out on top at national competition
- Credit: Glenys Halford
Young Norwich gymnasts came out on top after winning big at a national gymnastics competition.
Members of the Norwich Gymnastics Club took part in the national finals in Birmingham on November 9, after qualifying in the eastern region competition.
Yanis Akinola took part in his first ever national at level one and received a gold medal as the team were placed third in Great Britain.
Marley Mann, 11, received bronze in his level three group, while Toby Stevens and Benjamin Chirodian, both 14 ,took part in level six, with Ben taking home the gold medal and just beating Toby, who won silver.
Meanwhile, at the eastern region finals in Ipswich, Tilly Jordan, eight, was gold medallist on vault and Emily Doran, nine, was bronze medallist.
You may also want to watch:
Leah Collins, 14, was eighth in the level five competition while Erin O'Neill was sixth in level four and was bronze medallist on bars.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 8 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?